5 News

Dan Walker becoming very Peter Levy-like with his time checks ‘it’s just gone 5 past 5’ etc. The programme has become a bit more moulded around him but it hasn’t really changed that much since he took over.
[-] The following 3 users Like Pips2022's post:
  • London Lite, Superman1986, UTVLifer

5 News at 5 has now finished for the year. The summaries continue, though, except for the Christmas weekend itself, when (it seems) there isn't any news on at all.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • Superman1986, UTVLifer

(12-12-2022, 06:09 PM)Pips2022 Wrote:  Dan Walker becoming very Peter Levy-like with his time checks ‘it’s just gone 5 past 5’ etc. The programme has become a bit more moulded around him but it hasn’t really changed that much since he took over.

Not helped that they didn't change the format of the bulletin if anything, Walker has had to fit in to what they already do.

The Walker/Tessa Chapman pairing seems more like the old Breakfast pairing with him and Sally Nugent and seems to work better than with Claudia-Liza.

Another frustrating issue with 5 News at 5 is the lack of constancy of presenters. You can end up with Dan with CL one day, Dan with Tessa Chapman another day and then another with a couple of reporters covering the shift.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • UTVLifer

New 5-year deal signed with ITN to continue to produce 5 News and Jeremy Vine.
[-] The following 2 users Like all new phil's post:
  • bkman1990, London Lite

I find it strange that 5 News and Jeremy Vine gets 5 years but Jeremy Vine Extra is only one year.

(19-01-2023, 05:11 PM)XIII Wrote:  I find it strange that 5 News and Jeremy Vine gets 5 years but Jeremy Vine Extra is only one year.
Probably because it's a relatively new show still, and want to see how it works out first.
When was Extra launched?

1 year for Extra gives C5 the ability to take it off in 12 months if they want to add a new show in the slot. But I think Extra will be around for longer as it's stabilised the slot which was otherwise filler.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • bkman1990, Pips2022

Get well soon, Dan Walker. Horrible thing to happen.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 3 users Like Worzel's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, thePineapple

Christ almighty. He was very lucky to have made it out of that accident alive. I hope he gets well soon.

Not much chat about this prog on here of late.

Have to say it seriously struggles with just one presenter for the entire hour- tonight it’s Tess Chapman, although some of her colleagues have a bit more spark. It’s a situation presumably caused by Dan’s bike incident, but it makes for a rather dry hour that is a slog to watch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pips2022's post:
  • MLehon