French TV - Presentation Discussion

Monday's edition of game show Tout le monde veut prendre sa place is being bumped to France.tv only due to the inauguration at Villers-Cotterêts.

I'm not sure if Chacun son tour is also being added to France.tv as well?
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Stretching the lengths of French TV, TV5 Monde's international sister channels, TV5 Monde Style and TiVi5 Monde, have updated their looks over the past few months.

Promo for TV5 Monde Style:
youtu.be 

And that for TiVi5 Monde:
youtu.be 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 2 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • matthieu1221, Roger Darthwell

Big news coming out of France 3: the editor-in-chief of the reputed industry newsmagazine La Lettre Pro de la Radio, Frédéric Brulhatour, has received a tip from the public broadcasting unions, that a change of name for both France 3 and France Bleu (the regional radio network from Radio France) is nearing: both services are planning to rebrand to Ici (the name of their common digital brand, and already used for France 3's regional news slots and for the France 3/Bleu morning shows (Ici Matin), and the move will happen on August 26 (for the radio side) and September 9 (for the TV network).

twitter.com 

A paywalled interview was given to Ouest France by both France Télévisions and Radio France’s Directors General in October. Although both channels will retain mostly separate scheduling, plans call for more dual-broadcasts of radio programs on television in a regional basis, and common coverage of regional events. The radio side has also plans for a new entertainment strand.

www.ouest-france.fr 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Medianext.MX's post:
  • London Lite

Radio-Canada have their linear services branded with 'ICI'. The plan (in 2013 or so) was to re-brand everything under 'ICI' and drop the Radio-Canada name. However, this didn't go down so well, so 'ICI Radio-Canada' was born as a compromise.

I wonder if the French plan will meet similar resistance (i.e., will the French be upset at the dropping of 'France' from the network names?) Possibly not as the overall structure is still Radio France / France Télévisions.
[-] The following 3 users Like Former Member 2410's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, JosiahStuart, Medianext.MX

(17-02-2024, 12:55 AM)Former Member 2410 Wrote:  Radio-Canada have their linear services branded with 'ICI'. The plan (in 2013 or so) was to re-brand everything under 'ICI' and drop the Radio-Canada name. However, this didn't go down so well, so 'ICI Radio-Canada' was born as a compromise.

I wonder if the French plan will meet similar resistance (i.e., will the French be upset at the dropping of 'France' from the network names?) Possibly not as the overall structure is still Radio France / France Télévisions.

I don’t see the point of rebranding France 3. The French plan will get some degree of pushback, expect a compromise like the Canada situation.
[-] The following 3 users Like F4C's post:
  • DavidV, Former Member 2410, JosiahStuart