BBC One Nightlight

I noticed this appearing as a channel variant on the BBC schedule page.

www.bbc.co.uk 

It's listed as starting on the 23rd of January.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TIGHazard's post:
  • interestednovice

With BBC SD services being closed down on satellite, a new national SD service will be provided for those who are not yet in a position to receive HD versions of the BBC channels.

BBC One Nightlight will have its own version of the "red screen" in place of regional news:

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 5 users Like Clean Feed's post:
  • bkman1990, Happy2001, interestednovice, Ma76, Rijowhi

According to Sky's webpage about the BBC One Upgrade in England. Here is an example of what the Nightlight static caption will look like from January.

[Image: download?imageManager=true&impolicy=resize&width=600]

The list of Sky boxes in SD affected by the SD  switchoff are listed here in this webpage. 

www.sky.com/help/bbcupgrade

EDIT: This BBC Upgrade page from Sky's Help section is for the UK only. It does not work for me in Ireland. If you type BBC Upgrade in the search box. The article which has the title "BBC local programming switching to HD only"
refers to BBC One Nightlight. Hope this helps.
[-] The following 4 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • Happy2001, interestednovice, Ma76, Spencer

(20-12-2022, 10:46 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  According to Sky's webpage about the BBC One Upgrade in England. Here is an example of what the Nightlight static caption will look like from January.

The list of Sky boxes in SD affected by the SD  switchoff are listed here in this webpage. 

EDIT: This BBC Upgrade page from Sky's Help section is for the UK only. It does not work for me in Ireland. If you type BBC Upgrade in the search box. The article which has the title "BBC local programming switching to HD only"
That link redirects to the Sky Help homepage, although this works for me…

www.sky.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • interestednovice

(20-12-2022, 10:45 AM)Clean Feed Wrote:  With BBC SD services being closed down on satellite, a new national SD service will be provided for those who are not yet in a position to receive HD versions of the BBC channels.

BBC One Nightlight will have its own version of the "red screen" in place of regional news:

www.bbc.co.uk 

Where did you find 'Thusnus BBC one sd'?

The schedule for that is not yet online. If it is I cannot find it.

Please can you tell me where the 'SD' schedule is?

In the URL you mentioned I already found that but no schedule is showing. 
Thanks

(21-12-2022, 09:42 AM)Spencer Wrote:  
(20-12-2022, 10:46 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  According to Sky's webpage about the BBC One Upgrade in England. Here is an example of what the Nightlight static caption will look like from January.

That link redirects to the Sky Help homepage, although this works for me…

www.sky.com 

Good to see that Sky appear to offer a free upgrade to Q - they seem to have been reluctant to shift people off of customer owned equipment (except when the Thomson HD boxes needed to be swapped since they weren't going to get a major update). I can't imagine there are that many subscribers with SD boxes anymore anyway.
[-] The following 3 users Like i.h's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Ma76

I still have one as my multiroom box but these days only used for tests.

12420 h 27500 is showing two bbc nightlight services the other is showing BBC News Channel in SD.

The static caption had the above with red button/network music.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • interestednovice

12422H SR 27500 FEC 2)3 DVBS QPSK

6411 and 6491 are the same channel - BBC One Nightlight
6417 is BBC News
6481 is BBC Radio Wales
6487 is BBC Radio Foyle

But this mux is hard to pick up on some receivers. There are multiple empty service labels too - IE not on air at present
[-] The following 2 users Like Jimbo2022's post:
  • harshy, interestednovice

(05-01-2023, 11:55 PM)Jimbo2022 Wrote:  12422H SR 27500 FEC 2)3 DVBS QPSK

6411 and 6491 are the same channel - BBC One Nightlight
6417 is BBC News
6481 is BBC Radio Wales
6487 is BBC Radio Foyle

But this mux is hard to pick up on some receivers. There are multiple empty service labels too - IE not on air at present

On the tv channels there’s some black and white lines which aren’t on the regular SD channels.