GB News

Looks like Sir Paul marshall is leaving the board, and a restructuring/redundancy program is in place. It seems to me he's trying to redouble efforts to acquire the Telegraph, and his taking his portion of the bankroll with him:

news.sky.com 

GBN are having a live news special from midnight tonight called "Israel Under Attack" presented by Mark Dolan due to the incoming attack on Israel launched by Iran.

I doubt this would be an all-nighter (depending on the severity of the attack) probably just an hour or two, then back to the normal overnight replays from 1 or 2am

With TalkTV ceasing as a linear channel on Friday 26th, it will be interesting to see where their viewing share will go.

Latest BARB figures for GB News in March show a viewing share of 0.66% and average daily minutes of 1m 1s.

TalkTV's are 0.13% and 12s.

Sky News' are 0.73% and 1m 8s.

If GB News inherit around 50% of TalkTV's share and minutes they could surpass Sky News for the first time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes derek500's post:
  • MLehon

GB News is set to begin a round of redundancy, with 40 personnel set to be cut.

On the production side, they were already quite light we think, so I'd be interested to see where they will be aiming for the cuts to be targeted at. One would imagine the big name hosts would command big fees and would help with the profit margin if some of those departed.

pressgazette.co.uk 

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread