GB News

I think it’s safe to say that this forum has to have a GB News thread…

I’m not really sure what to do to get the ball rolling, although Stephen Dixon did say on Breakfast a few weeks ago there could be set updates on the way. I guess we’ll have to wait and see! Given that their presentation and programming seems to evolve, I’m sure it won’t be long until we have something to chat about!

Hello world, a new era.

I'd imagine any major changes will come in September, with works being done over August, at least common sense would suggest that.

GB News have managed to get Liz Truss to take questions from their audience on 10th August at 5pm hosted by Alastair Stewart.

twitter.com 

Not great seeing Steven Dixon outright lying about GBN Breakfast being the UK's most popular breakfast show a few days ago. It really does come across as desperate when you need to lie about viewing figures to try and stay relevant.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MFTJA's post:
  • GMc

Michael Portillo, Camilla Tominey and Andrew Pierce are joining as presenters according to their social media. Portillo is a fantastic signing.

Trying to make an educated guess at where they’ll be used. Portillo on a Sunday morning would be a good move.

(18-08-2022, 02:31 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Michael Portillo, Camilla Tominey and Andrew Pierce are joining as presenters according to their social media. Portillo is a fantastic signing.

Trying to make an educated guess at where they’ll be used. Portillo on a Sunday morning would be a good move.
Portillo’s covered political correction in the past. The programme could do with a bit of a shake up though.

I wonder if this means a end to the pierce and Maguire partnership they are very funny together

Warner Bros Discovery have exited GB News have sold their stakes to co-founder backers Legatum Ventures and Paul Marshall.

www.broadcastnow.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes gottago's post:
  • TVFan

Those signings are a step in the right direction. Hopefully Pierce and Tominey will replace Dewberry and Muroki who aren't natural broadcasters.

As for the WBD sale of their share, this could be where News UK steps in to acquire that share with the potential to merge the GBN and Talk TV outlets as it's clearly not viable having two opinionated conservative news channels.

What has happened to Patrick Christys? He went on Holiday and has never returned to To The Point.

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread