GB News

Looks like “Friday Night Feast” has been scrapped. Mark Dolan on from 8pm.

(02-12-2022, 11:14 PM)Rory N Wrote:  Looks like “Friday Night Feast” has been scrapped. Mark Dolan on from 8pm.

Yes, Christy's afternoon show is now Mon-Fri.

GB News seems to have no regard for a schedule - drop shows like a roasting hot potato, bring in shows as fast as they can. Terrible channel direction here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • MLehon

(02-12-2022, 11:49 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  GB News seems to have no regard for a schedule - drop shows like a roasting hot potato, bring in shows as fast as they can. Terrible channel direction here.

Yes - heaven forbid they drop something that isn’t working. Honestly they’re damned if they do…

(03-12-2022, 12:14 AM)all new phil Wrote:  
(02-12-2022, 11:49 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  GB News seems to have no regard for a schedule - drop shows like a roasting hot potato, bring in shows as fast as they can. Terrible channel direction here.

Yes - heaven forbid they drop something that isn’t working. Honestly they’re damned if they do…

Actually it is the speed of them dropping shows. I get the feeling they are never giving shows time to settle in. 

The channel has been on air since June 2021, and it does feel like there are changes every few weeks. 

Yes, GB News is not my sort of channel, but I am not looking at their political views, I am just looking at a fairly chaotic scheduling choices being made by the management.

(03-12-2022, 12:14 AM)all new phil Wrote:  

It's the sign of a lack of professionalism - they're not *just* dropping things every so often. It feels like the schedule is significantly different in one way or another each new week. You should have a core schedule of news programming that stays relatively unchanged and can have different hosts drop in and out, the only shuffling should really happen at breakfast and in primetime. And even then the turnover has been absurd!
[-] The following 5 users Like strollfan's post:
  • benzj, Jeff, Kojak, Luc, MLehon

Shame that Friday Night Feast is gone, it was one of two shows that I actually like on GB these days (the other being Free Speech Nation, they hopefully won't mess with that). Thought Christys put together a fun show for the end of the week with lots of different features that weren't just endless political debate.

Especially annoying that it's been canned for a stunt casting in Laurence Fox. The addition of Fox & Robinson plus the constant chopping and changing with the schedule doesn't give me much confidence in the direction of the channel. They had a pretty solid lineup for the first half of this year and it felt like they had finally found their footing but they've done a U-turn now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GlasgowCruiser's post:
  • MLehon

(03-12-2022, 12:42 AM)strollfan Wrote:  
(03-12-2022, 12:14 AM)all new phil Wrote:  Yes - heaven forbid they drop something that isn’t working. Honestly they’re damned if they do…

It's the sign of a lack of professionalism - they're not *just* dropping things every so often. It feels like the schedule is significantly different in one way or another each new week. You should have a core schedule of news programming that stays relatively unchanged and can have different hosts drop in and out, the only shuffling should really happen at breakfast and in primetime. And even then the turnover has been absurd!

Sky News Australia was the same when Angelos Frangopoulos ran that. Shows would appear, disappear and reappear without much notice. It's only really been since he left that that channel has gained an audience (and the technical and presentation standards increased dramatically... funny, that). Even The Political Correction is just a British version of Sky Australia's Outsiders - a panel of right-wing commentators (or token 'lefties' who are actually much more right wing than the bona fide righties) giving their take on the news. And as for that Robinson chap... if I said what I thought of him, I'd get banned.

I don't have the pics but can we just mention that Royal Reaction Room which is just a black room with lights and a big red chair...

(08-12-2022, 03:53 PM)AllanTheScot Wrote:  I don't have the pics but can we just mention that Royal Reaction Room which is just a black room with lights and a big red chair...
Basically a cheap movie theatre:
twitter.com 

Immediately thought of this:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXvx4YIFBT-4_QusWLVeK...4&usqp=CAU]

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • Kojak

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread