Footballing Legend Pelé Dies at 82

Sad news coming out of Brazil. Pelé has died at the age of 82.

BBC News Channel in rolling news mode with the channel focusing on the news since it broke at 7pm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yorksman's post:
  • Superman1986

I presume that all TV and Radio networks in Brazil went into rolling news
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roger Darthwell's post:
  • Superman1986

Yeah very sad news to cap off a year where we saw many important figures who seemingly were around forever pass away this year.
[-] The following 5 users Like harshy's post:
  • AJB39, Happy2001, Jeff, Roger Darthwell, Superman1986

(29-12-2022, 11:05 PM)harshy Wrote:  Yeah very sad news to cap off a year where we saw many important figures who seemingly were around forever pass away this year.

Yeah well 2023 won't be any better in terms of deaths either so...

(29-12-2022, 10:20 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  I presume that all TV and Radio networks in Brazil went into rolling news

I saw that ITV News had a clip of CNN Brasil, with black and white mourning graphics.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(29-12-2022, 10:20 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  I presume that all TV and Radio networks in Brazil went into rolling news

- TV Globo dropped regular programming from halfway into the afternoon movie (when the news broke) until the 7:15pm BRT (UTC-3) local news (and had an extended edition of Jornal Nacional at 8:30pm)
- SBT replaced its celebrity gossip show, Fofocalizando (which, for some reason, is produced by the network's news division), with a news special
- Record TV and Band broke the news during their crime newsmagazines (Cidade Alerta and Brasil Urgente, respectively), and covered the story throughout them
[-] The following 2 users Like ArthurVX's post:
  • London Lite, Roger Darthwell

The moment when ESPN2 (Argentina) joined ESPN (Brazil) to break the news of the death of Pelé:
twitter.com 

And how Globo-owned sportv (BTW, the name went all-lowercase last year) broke the news:
twitter.com