BBC/ITV Wales/S4C News

Hi, thought as many othe regions and nations have a thread of their own, Wales should have one too with some news relating to two notable former/current staff recently.

First up, a very sad story to announce is that the former BBC Wales journalist and BBC Radio Cymru editor Aled Glynne Davies has been found dead after going missing on New Year's Eve. Huw Edwards lead the tributes.

www.bbc.co.uk 

And a very personal tribute from BBC Wales' Welsh Affairs Editor Vaughan Roderick here (in Welsh but Google Translate should do its work well).

www.bbc.co.uk 

And on the subject of Vaughan Roderick, he announced just before Christmas that he has been off air for a few months due to losing a leg as a result of an operation. He will hopefully return to work soon.

nation.cymru 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Superman1986

ITV Wales has been mourning the tragic death of camera operator and film edior Rob Milburn, who died on the weekend at the age of 46. He previously worked for ITV Channel before joining ITV Wales in 2020.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • London Lite, Roger Darthwell, Superman1986

Sorry if I’ve missed it, but is Wales Today getting a tower screen (or two)?

I’ve seen a AR one used, but with the other regions getting real ones, why hasn’t Cardiff?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moz's post:
  • Superman1986

According to the late bulletin, there will be a special behind the scenes broadcast throughout tomorrow's main Wales Today bulletin from 18:20. This will be availabe on the BBC Wales News webpages and across social media channels. This special broadcst will coincide with the 100th anniversary of the first BBC broadcast in Wales.

(02-02-2023, 11:06 PM)Moz Wrote:  Sorry if I’ve missed it, but is Wales Today getting a tower screen (or two)?

I’ve seen a AR one used, but with the other regions getting real ones, why hasn’t Cardiff?

Because the studio space is shared with S4C they can’t have a physical tower screen.

(12-02-2023, 11:40 PM)JexedBack Wrote:  
(02-02-2023, 11:06 PM)Moz Wrote:  Sorry if I’ve missed it, but is Wales Today getting a tower screen (or two)?

Because the studio space is shared with S4C they can’t have a physical tower screen.

Couldn't it be portable?

(12-02-2023, 11:49 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  
(12-02-2023, 11:40 PM)JexedBack Wrote:  Because the studio space is shared with S4C they can’t have a physical tower screen.

Couldn't it be portable?

Funny you should say that...
Down the corridor, BBC Wales rugby highlights show Scrum V randomly had a pillar with their logo in the middle of their new studio last week (it wasn't their this week). This pillar is on wheels.

[Image: TVLF%20215.jpg]
[Image: TVLF%20216.jpg]

(13-02-2023, 01:07 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  
(12-02-2023, 11:49 PM)agentsquash Wrote:  Couldn't it be portable?

Funny you should say that...
Down the corridor, BBC Wales rugby highlights show Scrum V randomly had a pillar with their logo in the middle of their new studio last week (it wasn't their this week). This pillar is on wheels.

[Image: TVLF%20215.jpg]
[Image: TVLF%20216.jpg]
Is that actually a screen? It looks like one of those cheapo vinyl roll-up banners.
[-] The following 5 users Like Spencer's post:
  • AaronLancs, Former Member 406, Jon, Newsroom, Superman1986

(12-02-2023, 11:40 PM)JexedBack Wrote:  Because the studio space is shared with S4C they can’t have a physical tower screen.
Is this really an issue? I find it hard to believe that S4C would actually object to the Cardiff set being brought into line with the BBC network news set considering that they spent 21 years with Newyddion coming from a national-style set.
[-] The following 3 users Like DTV's post:
  • chaose, Jayesyn, Newsroom

(13-02-2023, 11:13 AM)DTV Wrote:  
Is this really an issue? I find it hard to believe that S4C would actually object to the Cardiff set being brought into line with the BBC network news set considering that they spent 21 years with Newyddion coming from a national-style set.
The Newyddion logo on a monolith would look pretty nice