Absolute Radio to switch off all AM transmitters across the UK

(14-03-2024, 12:21 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  Gee, you'd think they'd want people to continue listening to their stations. Specifying digital radio rather than just radio would help too (I know it's unlikely an OAP is listening to Kiss but presumably it's the same message on the other stations).
They're also claiming that you listen "on your TV via the Radioplayer app", which is currently a lie or at best very misleading. Whilst the app may be available for some smart Samsung and LG TVs, it's not (yet) available on Freeview Play.

Looking at planetradio.co.uk  (the link in that screen capture) it helpfully has...

Quote:How to listen to KISS on the TV
Turn on the TV and head to channel 712 on Freeview!
I couldn't spot any mention of that channel closing or how to listen via the RadioPlayer app, beyond a link in the website's footer.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, LargelyALurker

(14-03-2024, 12:21 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  Gee, you'd think they'd want people to continue listening to their stations. Specifying digital radio rather than just radio would help too (I know it's unlikely an OAP is listening to Kiss but presumably it's the same message on the other stations).
Presumably they used just 'radio' and not 'digital radio' because it's on FM in some parts of the country
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • AndrewP

It was the final show from One Golden Square for Absolute Radio this week, with the station having been located there since the days of Virgin 1215. Here's a five minute tribute to the studios that was broadcast that morning on the Dave Berry Breakfast show. Bauer is moving its operations to a new office development at The Lantern in Euston.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Dadeki's post:
  • AndrewP, Steve in Pudsey, WillPS