BBC/ITV North East News

I am guessing it’s just the upscaled Leeds SD sent up to Newcastle(their gallery) who just output the SD studio Leeds feed to the north east?

In theory I guess the bbc regions could output any region they fancy technically ?

I think on this occasion it was switched at CCM, but that you describe is how I was proposing to opt for an apology.

It's what they used to do regularly for the Superleague Show.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • harshy

Nick Quraishi presenting BBC Look North tonight

(19-05-2023, 08:25 PM)Superman1986 Wrote:  Nick Quraishi presenting BBC Look North tonight

As a colleague of Nick's, I always affectionately joke that he is never knowingly off-air.

Charlotte Leeming covering the red sofa (and desk) for the Newcastle based programme this evening. Nice to see her again!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kendal87's post:
  • Superman1986

(24-05-2023, 07:06 PM)Kendal87 Wrote:  Charlotte Leeming covering the red sofa (and desk) for the Newcastle based programme this evening. Nice to see her again!

I thought she was still at Look North (Leeds)?

JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:
Kendal87 Wrote:Charlotte Leeming covering the red sofa (and desk) for the Newcastle based programme this evening. Nice to see her again!

I thought she was still at Look North (Leeds)?

She left in 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • JACKLUFC1998, Superman1986

Last night’s late bulletin was a joint edition from Leeds, with Phil Bodmer

A story from the NE&C area was included and the live weather was also for both regions

No reason was given for the joint bulletin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • JACKLUFC1998

Wonder of this has happened before with a news story and the titles being so linked - the current daytime Newcastle BBC Look North titles end on the tree at Sycamore Gap which has been felled overnight... 

[-] The following 2 users Like steve's post:
  • LDN, Superman1986

(28-09-2023, 04:51 PM)steve Wrote:  Wonder of this has happened before with a news story and the titles being so linked - the current daytime Newcastle BBC Look North titles end on the tree at Sycamore Gap which has been felled overnight... 

I spotted that on the 1330 News today, very powerful in context. Not sure how many versions of that bumper they have, but assume it was chosen on purpose. Hope they keep using that sting. A lot of people from the North East are very, very upset about what has happened.
[-] The following 2 users Like krs55's post:
  • IanJRedman, Superman1986