Brookside to Stream on STV Player

(28-03-2023, 10:28 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Has it been repeated tho?

The television channel Trouble use to show repeats in the early 2000s. When filming stopped in 2020 and episodes went to 2/3 times per week, E4 started repeating selective old episodes. I think that's about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisdafur's post:
  • WillPS

STV Player on Sky seems to be randomly missing S1 E51 from the latest drop this week.

Having looked at the synopsis on a fansite, I can't see anything that would cause them to miss it out.

It's on the STV player elsewhere, I've just watched it, so presumably it's just a mistake.

E52 has a load of extremely problematic language. If it was that episode which had disappeared I'd wonder if that was the cause (not that Sky do any reviewing of content they serve up).

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • Stuart

Strange that Jonah is credited as Jonah "Gregory" Jones, surely it should be the Jonah in quote marks seeing as that's his nickname and Gregory is his real name.

The whole Jonah/Lucy thing is a bit creepy isn't it?

chatps.com

As anyone who watched the Backstage tour video a couple of pages back will have seen, the sadly late Paul O'Grady made a cameo to open Max Farnham and Barry Grant's restaurant. We're a long way away from that on STV of course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • chrisdafur

(29-03-2023, 12:42 PM)WillPS Wrote:  E52 has a load of extremely problematic language.

After watching it... my grandmother used to keep talking that way, right up until she died a couple of years ago. Always made me cringe, but you couldn't stop her, was the era she grew up in...

(30-03-2023, 02:12 PM)James2001 Wrote:  
(29-03-2023, 12:42 PM)WillPS Wrote:  E52 has a load of extremely problematic language.

After watching it... my grandmother used to keep talking that way, right up until she died a couple of years ago. Always made me cringe, but you couldn't stop her, was the era she grew up in...

Aye, just not used to seeing it on TV and presented in such a casual way too. I suspect that's something that wouldn't have been scripted even 5 years on from this.

chatps.com

There was some language like it in the early episodes of EastEnders, though it did mostly come from Nick Cotton, who was supposed to be a dislikeable character, so even then not the same as it casually coming out of Paul Collins' mouth in Brookside.