Brookside to Stream on STV Player

I'm so grateful to STV for taking a risk with Brookside but their UX leaves a lot to be desired, it has to be said. Doesn't make me want to explore the platform as it stands.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 3 users Like WillPS's post:
  • Alf Stewart, Brekkie, James2001

Might be a bit less confusing if they at least added the original air dates, like they do with Take The High Road.

Using seemingly illogical series and episode numbers that presumably only existed for internal production reasons at the time doesn't really make much sense, it's making it hard to navigate through things. The series lengths aren't even consistent- they vary from 30 (series 10 in 1986) to 51 (series 51 in 1999 and 58 in 2000) episodes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Brekkie

(25-05-2023, 11:02 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Might be a bit less confusing if they at least added the original air dates, like they do with Take The High Road.

Using seemingly illogical series and episode numbers that presumably only existed for internal production reasons at the time doesn't really make much sense, it's making it hard to navigate through things. The series lengths aren't even consistent- they vary from 33 to 51 episodes.
The way this week's episodes have been labelled on Sky's version of STV Player are really confusing. I agree, James, they should just put the original air date, or even the sequential production number which is unique to each episode.

The last of the 5 which landed this week is either 'Episode 1' or it's 'S3 ep95', or is it perhaps 'Episode 49' Confused

They appear to have gone back to the groups of 30 approach now. This week's episodes are back to being 90-95.

chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • James2001

The episode I’ve been looking forward to was up this week. Now referred to as “You Sod!”, it’s the one where Heather chucks Roger out.

Seared into my memory as a 12 year old on first airing, I even had an audio recording of the climactic scene on a cassette back in the day (taken from the omnibus having seen it in the week). Even having never seen it since then, I correctly remembered every line of that scene. And it still holds up today. Great performance from both actors but especially Amanda Burton who clearly put heart and soul into that!

I can watch that scene over and over again. It’s never been bettered in a soap in my view. And the slow build up to it over many months made it all the more powerful.

Brilliant stuff.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scrotnig's post:
  • Brekkie, Stuart

(26-05-2023, 01:49 PM)WillPS Wrote:  They appear to have gone back to the groups of 30 approach now. This week's episodes are back to being 90-95.

They've added the original air dates too, are they reading this forum?

If so, then give us 50fps video as well!
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Stuart

(26-05-2023, 07:49 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  The episode I’ve been looking forward to was up this week. Now referred to as “You Sod!”, it’s the one where Heather chucks Roger out.

Seared into my memory as a 12 year old on first airing, I even had an audio recording of the climactic scene on a cassette back in the day (taken from the omnibus having seen it in the week). Even having never seen it since then, I correctly remembered every line of that scene. And it still holds up today. Great performance from both actors but especially Amanda Burton who clearly put heart and soul into that!

I can watch that scene over and over again. It’s never been bettered in a soap in my view. And the slow build up to it over many months made it all the more powerful.

Brilliant stuff.

It was good. However the bizarre bathroom scenes in the next episode left a lot to be desired IMHO.

Also struggled to believe the Barry Grant and Anne Collins antique shopping trip storyline.

chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • chrisdafur

I'm so far behind with episodes now... been busy last week, this week and next, god knows when I'll be caught up again... Main reason I'm not choosing to watch Drama's run of Casualty from episode 1 that started today is because I'm struggling to keep up with what I'm watching now without adding that to it!

(26-05-2023, 09:42 PM)James2001 Wrote:  They've added the original air dates too, are they reading this forum?
I guess someone at STV is reading the feedback. Much better identification of the episodes this week. Big Grin

[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • chrisdafur

Spotted this evening that the STV player has gained sponsorship from McDonald's.