The Pres Cafe Jingle Appreciation Thread

Shared before on Social Media Gold, but these have actually become my favourite radio jingles. I wish I was alive when Kenny Everett was, I love watching DVD's of his stuff
www.youtube.com 

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(01-02-2023, 07:15 PM)Isonstine Wrote:  
(01-02-2023, 06:15 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I would have to raise you the current LBC package from David Arnold, which I think takes that gravitas to a whole new level. The TOTH cut is very reminiscent of the original 5 Live package, in the way it crescendos and builds, and the way that any time it's faded up behind a contributor they instinctively know to get to the end of their sentence and shut up.

davidarnoldmusic.com 

LBC have had some great packages over the years. I'd recommend a listen to The Audio Creator's chats with Chris Lowrie (Former Heather Jingles at LBC) which features loads of stuff you may not have heard before. And I particularly like the story that the current David Arnold TOTH ramp starts off with a nod to one of Jeff Wayne's  news jingles - it's a lovely touch.

www.theaudiocreator.com 
Thank you for sharing this, interesting stuff and great to hear clean copies of their past branding.

I listened to LBC a lot in in the early 90's in the lead up to it going off air, what was interesting with it's imaging back then - in particular on MW was that the station had a theme tune and jingles but each programme had it's own theme tune and imaging too. So for example the intros and break stings for Steve Allen's show was totally different to Pete Murrays and Mike Dickins. Really unusual in radio and perhaps not something that would be done today when things are more brand aware but It worked really well

As quite a few people know, I'm a big fan of news jingles. In my opinion, A good news jingle will sound authoritative, whilst also reflecting the station format.

With this on mind, here are some jingles that I've gathered from various sources over the past few months:

drive.google.com 

It would be remiss not to mention the various packages Chris Moyles had during his tenure on Radio 1 breakfast, which really were iconic even to non anoraks.

(02-02-2023, 07:07 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  It would be remiss not to mention the various packages Chris Moyles had during his tenure on Radio 1 breakfast, which really were iconic even to non anoraks.
They were superb.

I was a big fan of Music 4’s work (and previously when they were known as Vibe Music Imaging). They very much changed the sound of radio jingles in the late 90s from the cheesy Dallas sound to something more contemporary. Their 1998 Radio 1 package was a real game-changer. I also particularly loved their package for The Pulse around the same time.

Sadly though, it’s all rather tainted now after Sandy Beech, whose company it was, was convicted of child sexual abuse.