Channel 4 Breakdown

Channel 4 is suffering a breakdown in the middle of Countdown.

A blank screen for about a minute, but now it's a programmes continue shortly caption.

Edit: E4, More4 and 4Seven are on air as usual.

Further edit: And now it's back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Yorksman's post:
  • The Insider

Adverts pulled on Countdown presumably to catch up on lost programme time.

Presumably they're running very behind now and are trying to catch up - Countdown just inelegantly skipped an entire ad break.

Yeah they were off for over 10 minutes in the end, so I'd guess there's a bit of time to catch up now.

While they may not have anyone available for live continuity during the day now, I am surprised they don't still have something pre-recorded available to kickin automatically during such breakdowns. Given the heavy criticism they got for the loss of all audio description and subtitling the other year you'd have thought when they moved to that new playout system trying to avoid something that leaves 10+ minutes of total silence would have been baked in from the outset!

TV Whirl - Since 2001

Seems like they are heading right towards life in the sun.

Edit: Void what I said above, A Place in the Sun is being aired as normal.

Ooh! Breakdown with semi-major effects on schedule time! My favourite time of the year!  Big Grin

I believe a somewhat similar thing happened about late 2014. Here it is on the blue place:
tvforum.uk 

British Stuff TV were kind enough to capture it. Kudos to Channel 4 for bucking the trend and still giving the opportunity for pre-recorded shows to fall off air... Wink

youtu.be 
[-] The following 8 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • Bennyboy84, CCFG, insert_good_username_here, Rexogamer, Steve in Pudsey, SunburntRock89, Tola, TVFan

Apparently a place in the sun was a 45 minute edit not the hour as billed

The way the DOG disappears during the black is intriguing, although I guess being on +1 it's likely to be unhelpful in working out what went wrong.

Not C4 Pres's finest breakdown.

(14-02-2023, 08:08 PM)Torpido Wrote:  Apparently a place in the sun was a 45 minute edit not the hour as billed

A change to the advertised episode then. A logical solution to get the schedule back on track.