Nicola Sturgeon is to stand down as Scottish First Minister

I figured that this deserved its own thread, with the news breaking in the last hour that Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon is to stand down. 

A press conference from Bute House is coming up at 11AM. I wonder whether STV or BBC One Scotland will break with network and take Sturgeon's statement live
[-] The following 3 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • aaron_scotland, bkman1990, rossmaclean81

I hope someone in the press uses the headline ‘Nicola Sturgone’.
[-] The following 8 users Like Jon's post:
  • 1stplayertokens, News76, RhysJR, Rijowhi, Spencer, thomash79, TVFan, UTVLifer

Just looked on BBC One Scotland, they had a VO directing people to the BBC News Channel for more on Nicola Sturgeon

I wondered if BBC 1 Scotland would take it, but they have BBC News on BBC 2 from 10-1pm anyway so probably not?

(15-02-2023, 11:31 AM)Jon Wrote:  I hope someone in the pres uses the headline ‘Nicola Sturgone’.

Or it's used in one of the newspapers later this evening.
[-] The following 3 users Like News76's post:
  • bkman1990, Rijowhi, UTVLifer

BBC One Scotland just ran a strap telling viewers to switch channels to watch breaking news.

[Image: scotland.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, Rexogamer

How the news broke on BBC World, with some shaky camera at the start.

www.youtube.com 

CNN International opting out some time before 6a ET for the resignation announcement coverage with Max and Bianca (as an in-studio correspondent) from London
[Image: image.png]

(15-02-2023, 12:10 PM)oscillon Wrote:  CNN International opting out some time before 6a ET for the resignation announcement coverage with Max and Bianca (as an in-studio correspondent) from London
[Image: image.png]
Someone needs to update their ITN logo
[-] The following 5 users Like newsjunkie's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, Newsroom, TVFan, UTVLifer

And this is why a UK focused news channel is crucial in the mornings.