Saturday Night Takeaway

Some useful context in terms of ratings - over on BBC One, Blankety Blank, Pointless Celebrities and Casualty were all under 2m, whilst Traces was watched by just 900k. BBC One, however, was the only other channel to be over 1m against Takeaway.

I think that makes Takeaway’s 4.56m look pretty impressive in comparison (with a 50% share of the 16-34 audience), and I’ll imagine it’ll reach 5.5m or a little higher in the consolidated figures. In other words, not far behind The Apprentice when comparing like for like…!
[-] The following 1 user Likes AaronTV's post:
  • Happy2001

That BBC1 schedule was never going to excite viewers.

(14-04-2024, 03:43 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Are there any new American entertainment shows which could fit prime time ITV Saturday nights for next year, instead of the current reboots of old classics?

Well, there's Blank Slate which is basically Match Game/Blankety Blank, and The Floor but it's maybe too similar to various shouting what's on a screen formats here and now 99 To Beat with its whittling down of contestants to get commissioned.

Raid The Cage would probably be of most interest.

www.youtube.com 

One of the Takeaway Getaway winners is currently in a battle with TUI it seems

www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk 

Basically the dog can't fly (or go on a cruise) which is fair enough - but the tickets appear to have rather strict terms and conditions so they can't use them to raise some funds for their charity as a prize and the only alternative TUI have come up with so far is £500 in travel vouchers

Be interesting to see what happens next as it is certainly doing some miles in the media rounds if nothing else!

(17-04-2024, 07:19 PM)Johnr Wrote:  One of the Takeaway Getaway winners is currently in a battle with TUI it seems

www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk 

Basically the dog can't fly (or go on a cruise) which is fair enough - but the tickets appear to have rather strict terms and conditions so they can't use them to raise some funds for their charity as a prize and the only alternative TUI have come up with so far is £500 in travel vouchers

Be interesting to see what happens next as it is certainly doing some miles in the media rounds if nothing else!

I just can’t imagine being awarded a holiday for free and complaining to the press when my pet can’t come.

The most interesting part of that article was about how the winners get contacted to be in the audience initially.

The story also featured on tonight’s Look North, and comes across slightly better on there than the article in my opinion.

The last story of the programme
www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • Happy2001