Saturday Night Takeaway

I wonder if the Read My Lips audience players last night were 'randomly' selected or applied/nominated before the show - the complication being the Place on the Plane prize...I imagine some employers may be less willing than others to allow a week and a bit of annual leave at short notice! (it will be interesting to see if they cover the logistics for the whole operation as part of the behind the scenes show as I imagine it is a lot of work!)

Quite enjoyed the Ant vs Dec this week, particularly the Who Dares Wins style element and especially the 'name one of the 34(!) shows that Stephen Mulhern has presented'...Dec forgetting about shows such as BGMT/IFAP but remembering Pick Me was hilarious!

(26-03-2023, 02:02 PM)Johnr Wrote:  I wonder if the Read My Lips audience players last night were 'randomly' selected or applied/nominated before the show - the complication being the Place on the Plane prize...I imagine some employers may be less willing than others to allow a week and a bit of annual leave at short notice! (it will be interesting to see if they cover the logistics for the whole operation as part of the behind the scenes show as I imagine it is a lot of work!)

Quite enjoyed the Ant vs Dec this week, particularly the Who Dares Wins style element and especially the 'name one of the 34(!) shows that Stephen Mulhern has presented'...Dec forgetting about shows such as BGMT/IFAP but remembering Pick Me was hilarious!

Any pre-planning would be a surprise considering the camera focussed in on the wrong bloke at one point. I'd pretend it was all on a whim just to save face.

(26-03-2023, 02:02 PM)Johnr Wrote:  I wonder if the Read My Lips audience players last night were 'randomly' selected or applied/nominated before the show - the complication being the Place on the Plane prize...I imagine some employers may be less willing than others to allow a week and a bit of annual leave at short notice! (it will be interesting to see if they cover the logistics for the whole operation as part of the behind the scenes show as I imagine it is a lot of work!)

The production team will shortlist some audience ticket holders in the week before the show, ring them for a research chat then pick a number of the ones with the more bubbly personalities (they’re probably background checked too) and they’ll be the players, though they won’t know they’re playing till Ant and Dec call out their names. Same for Win The Ads and any other similar ‘surprise’ audience games.
[-] The following 6 users Like gottago's post:
  • AJB39, DeMarkay, Happy2001, thePineapple, TVFan, WhoOdyssey

It looked to be a lighting issue rather than a camera issue. The spotlight was on the wrong person for at least two out of the three contestants selected.

The first spotlight was on the person next to the contestant. The second spotlight was on the person behind the contestant (this is the one where the camera operator didn't seem to know whether to zoom in on the person they had been told who was now in darkness or the person who was now in the spotlight). The last spotlight seemed to illuminate a row of three people. The middle one was the contestant.

This was an unusually messy segment in general with one woman not being collected from the audience and making her own way up on to the stage. I expect the vetting will now include the question, 'Do you wear a turban or other headwear that will mean you can not wear noise cancelling headphones?' from now on too.

Still, it acted as an advert for the new I'm a Celebrity series, which was the point really.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nobby's post:
  • Juicy Joe

Great episode of Saturday Night Takeaway tonight, I liked the end of the show show with them packing up behind the scenes at TV Centre and then getting on the minibus to go to the airport.

I also thought it was good how all the presenting team were in the studio tonight including taking part in Happiest Minute. I wonder if Stephen, Andi, Fleur & Jordan have all got places on the plane as well?

Next week’s show will be interesting as it’s obviously 5 years since they’ve done one of these overseas finales
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AJB39, NI92

Jordan’s not on Radio 1 this week so I’d presume that all 4 of them will be there.

Was a bit reminiscent to Live & Kicking's departure from Television Centre (SNT was much slicker though!) youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes PWD's post:
  • Josh

(01-04-2023, 10:18 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Great episode of Saturday Night Takeaway tonight, I liked the end of the show show with them packing up behind the scenes at TV Centre and then getting on the minibus to go to the airport.

I also thought it was good how all the presenting team were in the studio tonight including taking part in Happiest Minute. I wonder if Stephen, Andi, Fleur & Jordan have all got places on the plane as well?

Next week’s show will be interesting as it’s obviously 5 years since they’ve done one of these overseas finales

Agree with your comment, great show last night however it is 5 years for the show holding an overseas finale and 6 years for Ant
[-] The following 1 user Likes NI92's post:
  • AJB39

It will be the first series since 2017 to go out completely unscathed. 2018 was Ant missing the last two episodes due to his DUI arrest, no series in 2019 due to Ant's rehabilitaion. Last few episodes of the 2020 series went through a different format because of the increasing Covid restrictions. 2021 was the series with a virtual audience. It was back to normal for 2022 but the only blackmark was they still couldn't do the overseas finale.
[-] The following 4 users Like Division2023's post:
  • AJB39, Gary Baldy, Happy2001, NI92

The overseas finale wasn't really missed last year but actually the long break not having it does make it more special.