Irish TV Programmes

New Chairperson and two new board members for RTE. None would be particularly well known among the general public in Ireland.

www.rte.ie 

There has been some very sad news to report this morning.

Saoirse Ruane has died on Tuesday the 5th of March.

www.rte.ie 

She was one of the kids who appeared The Late Late Toy Show with Ryan Tubridy in 2020. Her appearance on the show had inspired the beginning of The Late Late Toy Show appeal that year which has since raised millions of euro for children's charities right across Ireland.

Her funeral takes place this Sunday afternoon. RIP Saoirse.
[-] The following 3 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • AJB39, London Lite, RhysJR

Must say Kin has been excellent- one of the best dramas I've seen for ages. Has it been recommissioned for a third series?

(07-03-2024, 05:52 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Must say Kin has been excellent- one of the best dramas I've seen for ages. Has it been recommissioned for a third series?

www.radiotimes.com 

Discussions are ongoing apparently.
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • Brekkie, Michael 18, RhysJR

Love/Hate is also a brilliant Irish crime drama that's well worth a watch, I think it's on ITVX now to stream in the UK.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rick's post:
  • Michael 18

Unfortunate on a night when an Irishman won Best Actor that there was no live coverage of the Oscar’s on Irish TV - RTE will broadcast highlights in prime time tonight of course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rdd's post:
  • AJB39

Former Glenroe actor Emmet Bergin has died. He died suddenly on Friday the 15th of March.

www.dublinlive.ie 

A celebration of his life will be held in Mount Jerome Crematorium in Dublin next week. RIP.
[-] The following 2 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • AJB39, Michael 18

Patrick Kielty has just announced that a GAA Special of The Late Late Show will be on RTÉ One on Friday the 5th of April.

I am still interested to know when this current Late Late Show season will end? RTE did say they reduced the episode count to 30, so does this mean he will end in April rather than the end of May?