Irish TV Programmes

(16-03-2023, 11:16 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  This decision from Ryan Tubridy today feels really surreal to take in but it feels good to know that he said he has had enough of his run at this job.

It is time for someone else to take over the helm of this  show and take it on to a whole new level.

What that entails is going to be difficult to describe, in the hardest sense of the word, but it is going to be really interesting to know who or what is going to come next for the new era of The Late Late Show.

I wish Ryan the best of luck with whatever he wants to go next. He stuck in there and had a great run.

Whoever is going to take up job next has really big shoes to fill. It is not meant to be a job that takes on the lightest of hearts. It feels like a journey. I just hope it leads them to an incredible journey later on.

Don't watch the Late Late often nowadays but surprised he didn't try and stay for another season to take it to 15 years, also thought he might have wanted one more Toy Show

Tonight's Takeaway on Virgin Media One was delayed until 8pm against 7.15pm on ITV but still carries the LIVE DOG under a warning that competitions and interactivity isn't open to Irish viewers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ballinagrappa's post:
  • AJB39

(18-03-2023, 10:10 PM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  Tonight's Takeaway on Virgin Media One was delayed until 8pm against 7.15pm on ITV but still carries the LIVE DOG under a warning that competitions and interactivity isn't open to Irish viewers.

As they haven’t been showing it live they edited out Andi Peter’s second competition promo.

Can Irish viewers usually enter the Andi Peters competitions?

(18-03-2023, 10:30 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Can Irish viewers usually enter the Andi Peters competitions?

No, I think that’s why they edited it out. Curiously though they did show the first promo.

Miriam O'Callaghan has pulled herself out of the running for the job of hosting The Late Late Show. She made the announcement on her Instagram and Twitter account yesterday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bkman1990's post:
  • Superman1986

RTÉjr's programmes are now being shown in HD on RTÉ Player. The main channel is still being shown in SD while broadcasting on linear TV platforms in Ireland.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bkman1990's post:
  • London Lite

Any word yet on who RTE have chosen as the next host of their Late Late Show?

Ryan Tubridy's time is ending fast, by the end of May the show will end for their summer break, and RTE have still not announced a new host.

Bookies favourite was Claire Byrne, who I read has turned it down already. Another rumour was Patrick Kielty taking over, anyone in Ireland have any news on this?

The longest running talk show in Europe I believe, second longest running talk show in the world (behind NBC Tonight Show which started in 1954) and this is how RTE treats it ... interesting.

(15-05-2023, 07:18 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Any word yet on who RTE have chosen as the next host of their Late Late Show?
Patrick Kielty has been getting a lot of column space over the last couple of weeks. But I don't believe there's been any confirmation as yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clean Feed's post:
  • JMT1985

The search has ended up being a litany of people who have been tipped for the job, then ruling themselves out. One plausible theory that’s done the rounds is that RTE had earmarked Claire Byrne for the job but depending on who you listen to she either never wanted the job or suffered from a bad reception for her quiz show.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rdd's post:
  • JMT1985