BBC Internationally

It did have a refresh once, in 2011.
logos.fandom.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • harshy

(12-01-2024, 03:04 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  www.broadbandtvnews.com 
it has just been annouced that BBC Entertainment, the successor channel to BBC Prime will be closed down in all markets on the 31st of March 2024

With the channel closing tomorrow a message is running every 15/20 minutes on screen

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

Looks like the channel is closing at 6am CET on the 1st April with the final programme being Words Weirdest Homes.

Looks like they’ve already closed it on the Dutch tv provider, I will try 16e and if it’s still there.

A rather undignified end to a 17 year old channel. A trailer for a show that was never going to be shown before mid trailer for Still Open All Hours a frozen screen and then a closed slide

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

For me it cut to the closed slide in the middle of a programme.

'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, don't fog my mind.'

(01-04-2024, 12:48 AM)BlueFrog Wrote:  For me it cut to the closed slide in the middle of a programme.
Such slides are often inserted by operators at a given time, rather than by the BBC

Anyway: I think BBC Entertainment died when the BBC failed multichanneling expansion started
It was better to stick with BBC Prime, a much better name too, since they haven't been able to have gone multichannel everywhere

That closed slide has the wrong logo on it!

(01-04-2024, 08:57 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  That closed slide has the wrong logo on it!
There was never any point them updating it to Reith if the intention was to close it.

I think using the Gill logo is the least of their problems with that mangled 'closed slide'. Confused

(02-04-2024, 05:39 PM)Stuart Wrote:  There was never any point them updating it to Reith if the intention was to close it.

I think using the Gill logo is the least of their problems with that mangled 'closed slide'. Confused

For once it's not the BBC logo that was wrong, it's using the older BBC Entertainment logo.
[-] The following 2 users Like AxG's post:
  • JAS84, Ma76