BBC Website

Thread discussing the BBC website.

Not sure if it's a bug or not but the items on the top bar on the Sport site are appearing slightly larger

(31-07-2022, 12:36 PM)thomalex Wrote:  Not sure if it's a bug or not but the items on the top bar on the Sport site are appearing slightly larger

Maybe just like how the BBC website, which has the icons that size, is on the cloud, BBC Sport might be on the cloud too, while the rest of the services aren't. It's might not be a bug. The sizes of the identifiers on the top are just different on the BBC websites run on the cloud, compared to the ones that aren't on the cloud.

Not the website as such, but as it displays content from the site; it's disappointing that the BBC Sport app on Android still doesn't have a dark mode for reading at night.

Android has had dark mode functionality since Android 7, released in 2016. Most popular apps, and many smaller ones, updated their apps with one years ago.

For an app as big and popular as the BBC Sport app is, it really should include this feature by now.

I’m all for implementing the new BBC icons, but I think they’ve gone a bit over the top here.

Does every single story really need a service icon? 

[Image: 0572E649-7B98-4F29-B453-BABEF4C73F93.jpeg]

I'm from America, and I don't see the icons.  Which is weird, because the icons are in the code...  Rolleyes

(02-08-2022, 09:40 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  I’m all for implementing the new BBC icons, but I think they’ve gone a bit over the top here.

Yes, I think it looks good.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(31-07-2022, 07:58 PM)Paul Wrote:  Not the website as such, but as it displays content from the site; it's disappointing that the BBC Sport app on Android still doesn't have a dark mode for reading at night.

Android has had dark mode functionality since Android 7, released in 2016. Most popular apps, and many smaller ones, updated their apps with one years ago.

For an app as big and popular as the BBC Sport app is, it really should include this feature by now.
Ditto for BBC News.

(02-08-2022, 09:40 PM)MFTJA Wrote:  I’m all for implementing the new BBC icons, but I think they’ve gone a bit over the top here.

Think it's right that they identify which key section the item sits within.  However, not sure the current implementation looks the best.  Very plain looking and very white.  Perhaps a rectangle at the base of each of those white contains in the colour of the section, containing the same info as at present (section logo, title and no of posts)?

(03-08-2022, 07:29 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  
(31-07-2022, 07:58 PM)Paul Wrote:  Not the website as such, but as it displays content from the site; it's disappointing that the BBC Sport app on Android still doesn't have a dark mode for reading at night.

Ditto for BBC News.
Join the beta for the BBC News app - they've finally added a dark mode ("Theme" option in Settings). No such luck for BBC Sport yet, though.