(02-03-2024, 10:58 AM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  I believe in the USA and Australia there’s a lot more recent content such as that week’s Coronation Street and Emmerdale, but I would hazard a guess that more of the target audience (especially in Australia) are expats. I remember the USA version had Good Morning Britain for a while, not sure if that’s still the case.

(02-03-2024, 11:11 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Can't imagine that was well watched.

One issue BritBox has is the reality of drama production nowadays is so much of it is co-productions, so most the big UK dramas have funding in place from the international streamers. So many flagship BBC dramas especially are commissioned in association with Netflix or Amazon where the BBC get the UK rights and the streaming giants get worldwide rights, so there isn't much premium content for BritBox to pick up - and I would hope BBC Studios have seen how other media giants keeping content for their own streaming platforms hasn't turned out to be anywhere near as lucrative as selling them on.

The daily soaps (Corrie, Em'dale, EastEnders) get a big daily viewership. When there is an occasional cock-up in the upload or something. People go crazy. They they are staple. GMB is still shown but its a edited hour long programme. This Morning was there and its been removed from North American BritBox.
BritBox has several original productions. And they are first to air Father Brown, Vera and Shetland. This biggest loser in all this has been PBS which used to get first crack now all those go usually to BritBox first.
[-] The following 4 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • Brekkie, Ma76, nwtv2003, Stuart

(06-03-2024, 02:05 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  . . . GMB is still shown but its a edited hour long programme . . .
How hard can that be, to edit it down from just short of 3 hours (06:00 - 08:54) down to an hour? Cut out the ad-breaks, weather, competition bits, regional news.
If I watch it on my YouView box after broadcast, I skip through all those bits, and I usually get to the handover to Lorraine @ 08:54 within about 90-100mins.

So what else do they edit out of a typical edition of GMB as well as the above, to get it down to about a third of it's regular broadcast time length?

Well I guess much is repeated each hour with just one or two new features each hour, but surprised it's worth the effort really.

Has anyone managed to get the local ITV1 feed to work on ITVX? I have tried on multiple platforms and various troubleshooting methods to no avail.

(09-03-2024, 02:31 AM)radiorebel Wrote:  Has anyone managed to get the local ITV1 feed to work on ITVX? I have tried on multiple platforms and various troubleshooting methods to no avail.

support.itv.com 

Live regional content is currently not available on browser, mobile, YouView, Freesat, tvOS or Android TV.

Also they only have 6 active regions on connected platforms, support.itv.com 

I like how they say that news and weather might be a "bit less local to what you're used to."

Currently someone living in Penzance will be getting news and weather as far north as Stoke-on-Trent, some 315 miles away. I'd call that more than a "bit less local"!

(09-03-2024, 12:30 PM)mokked Wrote:  support.itv.com 

Live regional content is currently not available on browser, mobile, YouView, Freesat, tvOS or Android TV.

Also they only have 6 active regions on connected platforms, support.itv.com 

Thank you however, I am in one of the specified regions and have tried it on Fire TV & Samsung TV. I was wondering if anyone has actually got it to work successfully? ITVX Support suggested I updated my postcode. Still nothing.

Works for me and has done since day 1.

Maybe see if the app needs updating?
[-] The following 1 user Likes what's post:
  • radiorebel

Is Britbox content more specifically BBC content been removed from ITVX?

(13-03-2024, 05:17 PM)CATV Wrote:  Is Britbox content more specifically BBC content been removed from ITVX?

no, it has not. Plenty of shows have dual BBC and BRITBOX branding. www.itv.com