SkyQ >>> Freesat

(15-04-2023, 08:01 AM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Yes I know Sky Stream is a thing but that's just NOW on steroids with knobs on and in new packaging to boot.

Not sure I agree on this. I went from NOW to Sky Stream and they are totally different. NOW is a cumbersome app that half the time I forgot to even check when I was looking for something to watch. Stream is the whole viewing ecosystem and much closer to SkyQ. I think it works incredibly well, especially in keeping all the things I’m currently watching in one playlist regardless of the channel or provider.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • Brekkie

That's fine, I'm not asking you to agree Smile

But Sky Stream is always going to be the better product compared to Now, and as you pay peanuts for Now you put up with the more awkward aspects of it, whereas if you pay Sky's prices (£26 per month) you'd expect a more polished product with bells and whistles.
[-] The following 2 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • all new phil, Stuart

Good point about the hardware Neil but not sure it's easy to sell that as a justification to new customers, although existing customers may appreciate what they have, but may still think the grass is greener on the other side and not realise the benefits of what they're paying for until they use alternative options.