Subtitles on 4

Watching Gogglebox on Sky Q and the subtitles are very noticeably out of sync and often freezing. Anyone else seeing this?

Is Gogglebox delivered as live because it’s a topical show? Aren’t those subtitles usually a bit out of sync…

Yes, subtitles are delivered live for Gogglebox. Fast turnaround for edits I presume.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

I think occasionally they are still editing close to broadcast, I could be totally wrong, but I seem to recall seeing that they play out the programme from the edit suite

(03-03-2023, 11:08 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  I think occasionally they are still editing close to broadcast, I could be totally wrong, but I seem to recall seeing that they play out the programme from the edit suite

Pretty sure they do play out from edit.

Here's it going wrong at 2021
www.youtube.com 

(04-03-2023, 02:42 PM)SunburntRock89 Wrote:  
(03-03-2023, 11:08 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  I think occasionally they are still editing close to broadcast, I could be totally wrong, but I seem to recall seeing that they play out the programme from the edit suite

Pretty sure they do play out from edit.

Here's it going wrong at 2021
www.youtube.com 
Ah yes. I remember seeing that as it happened, we did see a lot of that test card on C4 during that time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bennyboy84's post:
  • SunburntRock89