LWT shows on weekdays ? Thames shows on the weekend ?

It was LWT for series 1 but the original stories were Lancastrian, and given both franchises would have been firmly under the same ownership by that point, Series 2 seems to have been consciously relabelled as being a Granada production to better fit. Sort of the Cosgrove Hall/Thames situation in reverse, a London-based animation project being credited as coming from up North.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agemame's post:
  • procrastination

I thought of another one.

I remember there used to be a Junior version of Gladiators. I remember it used to air on Saturdays as part of Scratchy & Co, but I also remember it used to air on Thursday afternoons as well. Then again, did LWT make the junior version?

Please excuse late replies. 

(25-01-2024, 08:28 PM)procrastination Wrote:  I thought of another one.

I remember there used to be a Junior version of Gladiators. I remember it used to air on Saturdays as part of Scratchy & Co, but I also remember it used to air on Thursday afternoons as well. Then again, did LWT make the junior version?

Gladiators: Train to Win, and yes LWT made it, same arrangement as the peak time show and I think it was done at the NIA as well.

It started off on Scratchy and then they changed the format to more closely resemble the adult version (and a watered down Eliminator course) and it was shifted to Fridays in the process. Apparently the original format sucked and was a ratings disaster on a Saturday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neil Jones's post:
  • lookoutwales

It also changed from Sept-Oct (which means 5 of the 7 episodes aired on the same day as Gladiators itself) to Jan-March. That second series must've been taped in a hurry, as it aired only three months after the first one finished and they used the Gladiators on rotation as hosts (series one was hosted by Sharron "Amazon" Davies and Daley Thompson) - presumably they couldn't have Davies hosting every week any more as the Gladiators were now involved in the events and so she'd have been needed as Amazon. That revised format lasted three years, though they did get proper hosts in again for series 3 and 4.
en.wikipedia.org