Challenge Anneka

I could only manage 5 minutes of it and found it extremely boring. I just feel TV has moved on and the retro presentation with roving camera etc. was incredibly dated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alessi's post:
  • Stooky Bill

I also think with revivals people get their nostalgia fix quite quickly then move on. One episode was probably enough for most people.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Alessi, Stooky Bill

(29-03-2023, 01:12 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I also think with revivals people get their nostalgia fix quite quickly then move on. One episode was probably enough for most people.

You have to wonder how Gladiators will pan out then...

Challenge Anneka related, calls on Twitter for Ben Frew to be sacked.

Did I see a trail for it with a coming soon tag attached to it

(29-03-2023, 09:58 AM)Alessi Wrote:  I could only manage 5 minutes of it and found it extremely boring. I just feel TV has moved on and the retro presentation with roving camera etc. was incredibly dated.
Yes this was one of the problems for me. I watched a couple of the original series a while back out of curiosity (I loved it at the time, though was about 14) and they are very old fashioned. TV has moved on and although the Channel 5 remake has been updated in some ways it still just feels a bit unexciting.

Problem is in the meantime there's been upteen series of DIY SOS which is essentially the same thing. These programmes always remind me of the sketch Mitchell and Webb did about pointless arbitrary time frames in DIY shows
[-] The following 2 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • Alessi, Kojak

(29-03-2023, 01:12 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I also think with revivals people get their nostalgia fix quite quickly then move on.  One episode was probably enough for most people.
Catchphrase and Millionaire have done pretty well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gary Baldy's post:
  • DeMarkay

(28-03-2023, 10:15 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Challenge Ben Frew.

(29-03-2023, 10:04 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Challenge Anneka related, calls on Twitter for Ben Frew to be sacked.
The chief content officer for Parmount UK (and therefore Channel 5) is called Ben FROW (with an "o").

A Google search for "Ben Frew" (with an "e") finds LinkedIn profiles for such non-Channel 5-related folk as a Delivery Station Manager for Amazon in Preston, Lancashire.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 406's post:
  • XIII

(30-03-2023, 12:16 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  
(29-03-2023, 01:12 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I also think with revivals people get their nostalgia fix quite quickly then move on.  One episode was probably enough for most people.
Catchphrase and Millionaire have done pretty well.
They didn't have a 27 year gap where they weren't on air. I don't even think Challenge Anneka has been repeated anywhere since.

Incidently, in the original series there was a bit that might be of interest here, a trip into Thames TV in Euston for (supposedly) a very late delivery of an advert
youtu.be 

People online are such idiots, pulling a TV programme is not going to get you sacked.

(30-03-2023, 09:15 PM)XIII Wrote:  People online are such idiots, pulling a TV programme is not going to get you sacked.

True, but the defence of such actions is as bad.