New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation

(28-02-2024, 03:36 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  So how many of that have they knocked out now then?

Apparently Bedtime Stories have aired nearly every day since 2002, though I doubt they're all new (8000 episodes at one a day for 22 years? I think not - a lot will surely have been repeated a good few times... )
Yes they get repeated a lot, and iPlayer currently only has the last month's worth of the ones broadcast online: www.bbc.co.uk 

The episodes are numbered and the most recent available is episode 888
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • Happy2001

(28-02-2024, 03:36 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  So how many of that have they knocked out now then?

Apparently Bedtime Stories have aired nearly every day since 2002, though I doubt they're all new (8000 episodes at one a day for 22 years? I think not - a lot will surely have been repeated a good few times... )

That's part true. As far as I know CBeebies Bedtime Stories has been running since launch however it wasn't officially named that until 2009. The oldest story I can find online is from 26 December 2002.

As for the iPlayer collection, right now 223 stories are available. The oldest story available is from 10 May 2017. Everything that's not in the iPlayer collection was reorganized as "Extras" on the programme page. I'm assuming that the stories available on iPlayer reflects CBeebies' current story rotation since older stories don't seem to air as much anymore (for example "Episode 1" last aired in 2021). I think they might add more eventually like they did with Totally Doctor Who being added to the Whoniverse collection, although I wouldn't count on anything that was read in the older Teddington/Television Centre sets being added anytime soon.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chad Blake's post:
  • Happy2001, insert_good_username_here, Ma76

(08-03-2024, 04:07 PM)Chad Blake Wrote:  That's part true. As far as I know CBeebies Bedtime Stories has been running since launch however it wasn't officially named that until 2009.

(Somewhat) Pointless, but slightly interesting fact I found whilst going through these on iPlayer. AFAIK the original Bedtime Stories graphics from 2009 were in use until the CBeebies-wide rebrand 12 months ago.

One of Harry Kane's Bedtime Stories from late 2022 uses the exact same graphics as 2009.
[-] The following 4 users Like CCFG's post:
  • AndrewP, Happy2001, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(10-03-2024, 09:43 PM)CCFG Wrote:  (Somewhat) Pointless, but slightly interesting fact I found whilst going through these on iPlayer. AFAIK the original Bedtime Stories graphics from 2009 were in use until the CBeebies-wide rebrand 12 months ago.

One of Harry Kane's Bedtime Stories from late 2022 uses the exact same graphics as 2009.

One of George Ezra's Bedtime Stories uses the 2003 Bedtime Hour ident on the screen in the background and that story was from 2019. The ident itself had been refreshed in 2016.
[-] The following 4 users Like Chad Blake's post:
  • AndrewP, CCFG, Happy2001, Ma76

Shows that CBeebies keeps alot of presentation for a long time. The original 2002 set of idents were used all the way up until some point around the mid 2010s, I'm guessing anywhere between 2014 - 2016? (In 2007 the surrounding pres was changed and some new idents were added, with further changes around 2011/2012).

Good value for money, then! A lot of the content is pretty evergreen, plus there's a constant supply of new audiences who won't have seen it before - or at least won't remember having seen it before.
[-] The following 2 users Like thegeek's post:
  • CCFG, Ma76

Kay Benbow, Controller of CBeebies from 2010 to 2017 has died aged only 63. Thoughts with her family, friends and colleagues.

deadline.com 

twitter.com 

Mod edit: X link not working, investigating.
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Allanbuzzy, AndrewP, Hybrid