New CBBC/CBeebies Presentation

Seems like the bugs on CBeebies according to the test website are going to get a redesign, and I am in love with this!
up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 1 user Likes BBCChameleonFan's post:
  • SlimyTrain

(06-03-2023, 05:17 PM)BBCChameleonFan Wrote:  Seems like the bugs on CBeebies according to the test website are going to get a redesign, and I am in love with this!
up.metropol247.co.uk 

A couple of questions I'd have with the CBeebies redesign of the Bugs.
1: How would this work on merchandise?
2: Will they be just as iconic and marketable for the brand (CBeebies) as the existing ones are?
[-] The following 3 users Like AaronLancs's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay, Ma76

(06-03-2023, 05:17 PM)BBCChameleonFan Wrote:  Seems like the bugs on CBeebies according to the test website are going to get a redesign, and I am in love with this!
up.metropol247.co.uk 

Not sure if this is what they’re doing, but they look pretty in line with the idents created for the LatAm version of the channel a few years ago - they’re lovely, and I don’t know if anyone could be offended if they just smack the new logo on these because they’re adorable.

vimeo.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like orange's post:
  • bkman1990, RhysJR, SlimyTrain, thePineapple

Does CBeebies here still use the 2002 idents? I know they ran for years, but I've also not watched CBeebies for years (not exactly being in their target audience...) I have no idea what CBeebies' pres looks like these days. I take it it is still pretty similar to what it launched with?

(06-03-2023, 08:32 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Does CBeebies here still use the 2002 idents? I know they ran for years, but I've also not watched CBeebies for years (not exactly being in their target audience...) I have no idea what CBeebies' pres looks like these days. I take it it is still pretty similar to what it launched with?
Only one of them is still used, typically used after a "today is (blank)" segment for Timmy Time and Octonauts. The rest are either updated versions of the 2002 ones or completely new ones.
[-] The following 3 users Like LouBlu08's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, Kojak, Ma76

up.metropol247.co.uk 
These remind me of Cartoonito's new mascots from the 2021 rebrand.
[-] The following 4 users Like Hybrid's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, bkman1990, insert_good_username_here, SlimyTrain

New logos have appeared on Virgin Media this morning. BBC One is oddly pinky-red. CBBC/CBeebies with the logos as seen on the test site. Guess the rebrand onscreen for those is imminent.
[-] The following 6 users Like Asa's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, Former Member 406, insert_good_username_here, interestednovice, Ma76

(09-03-2023, 11:07 AM)Asa Wrote:  New logos have appeared on Virgin Media this morning. BBC One is oddly pinky-red. CBBC/CBeebies with the logos as seen on the test site. Guess the rebrand onscreen for those is imminent.

There doesn’t seem to be much consistency with how the logos are used across different platforms. On Sky they’re all white with no colour, including the radio logos. Sky also has the existing CBBC and CBeebies logos with the new blocks.
[-] The following 3 users Like Spencer's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, interestednovice, Ma76

On ghe Virgin Media guide the letters in the Cbeebies logo are at a slight angle. The CBBC logo is a green colour.

(09-03-2023, 11:54 AM)Spencer Wrote:  
(09-03-2023, 11:07 AM)Asa Wrote:  New logos have appeared on Virgin Media this morning. BBC One is oddly pinky-red. CBBC/CBeebies with the logos as seen on the test site. Guess the rebrand onscreen for those is imminent.

There doesn’t seem to be much consistency with how the logos are used across different platforms. On Sky they’re all white with no colour, including the radio logos. Sky also has the existing CBBC and CBeebies logos with the new blocks.

It does seem to be one of the misses with Chameleon branding of the channels. One of the reasons the channel logos ended up being boxed after the initial 1997 rebrand was so there was just one logo with a distinct background to use. All you needed was one logo and it worked on a black background, white background etc. 

When you have a logo which sits on a transparent background you need different versions depending on the context and this can then get inconsistent.
[-] The following 4 users Like thomalex's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Ma76, Roger Darthwell