Alastair Stewart to retire

What struck me when he was let go from ITN was that virtually nobody had a bad word to say about him. Everyone who worked with him said how supportive he was and how wonderful he was to work with. Still think it was absolute madness that ITN let him go in the way they did.
[-] The following 15 users Like Kojak's post:
  • Ben Shatliff, bkman1990, Brekkie, DeMarkay, Frances, London Lite, Ma76, Northlad, nwtv2003, Rijowhi, Roger Darthwell, TVFan, UTVLifer, VMPhil, Yorksman

(24-03-2023, 05:15 PM)Kojak Wrote:  What struck me when he was let go from ITN was that virtually nobody had a bad word to say about him. Everyone who worked with him said how supportive he was and how wonderful he was to work with. Still think it was absolute madness that ITN let him go in the way they did.

I can speak from personal experience on that front.
[-] The following 11 users Like Skygeek's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay, Kojak, London Lite, Ma76, Northlad, Rijowhi, Roger Darthwell, Stockland Hillman, TVFan, UTVLifer

Alastair Stewart: short farewell speech at GBN:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • Kojak, Northlad, TVFan

Felt it worth sharing Alastair's tribute to Alastair Burnet again. "It's the news that's the star, we're simply lucky enough to be asked to write it, and read it"

www.youtube.com 

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 4 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • Kojak, London Lite, Roger Darthwell, watchingtv