BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Present (News Channel/BBC One)

Isn't that how the individual NC/World boxes were generated after the move to NBH, so that WN doesn't appear on NC and vice-versa?

At school they taught me how to be
So pure in thought and word and deed
They didn't quite succeed...
[-] The following 3 users Like AndrewP's post:
  • bkman1990, Quantum+83, Worzel

twitter.com 

(05-06-2023, 08:54 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Why the heck would people working in the gallery have BBC News written on the same titles for Focus on Africa twice.

I sincerely hope that error with the titles was a one off. The execution of that presentation for that programme's first airing of it's new look is just comically bad.

The previous titles and music for it were much better.

Unlike the other branded shows, Focus on Africa comes with a programme strap and newer version of the music but the titles have left aligned text but the line height seems to be wrong, then what’s on the screens is centre aligned, it’s all strange really with this new bbc news.

(05-06-2023, 10:09 PM)TheJarv Wrote:  twitter.com 

I've got to say that I agree with this tweet a lot - and it breaks my heart, too, as the BBC means a lot to me. However, I'm finding this merged channel nigh-on unwatchable and I'm quite embarrassed to leave it on for any length of time because I know it will only be a matter of minutes, literally, before I'm confronted by the next on-screen presentational cock-up (either the wrong titles playing, or a static flipper that no longer has an on-screen function, or prolonged shots of unfamiliar presenters or reporters staring into the camera like rabbits in headlights), or some editorial misjudgement. The Philip Schofield crap is exactly that - leave it to itv and the trashy tabloids to naval-gaze about itv.

It actually feels a lot safer and more reassuring to have Sky News on if I need to have a rolling news channel on: at least you get a channel that has a sense of confidence about it, staffed with professionals who know what they're doing and 99% of the time, there are no on-screen cock-ups that you know you're just seconds away from whenever you turn to the merged BBC News channel. You can't even blame it now on the channel "finding its feet" after a few days on air. It's been months and we've still got amateurish presentation and amateurish editorial judgements hour by hour.

Really sad times - and for Tim Davie to bang on about how important BBC News is: it's an utter travesty how he and Deborah Turness are being allowed to preside over this utter decimation of the news service.

(05-06-2023, 07:08 PM)Worzel Wrote:  I hope this lack of attention to detail doesn't start dripping into editorial as well.
Sadly, I think that ship has already sailed, as evidenced in the last few weeks.

Basing your running order on the front page of the Daily Star can never end well.
[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • Alf Stewart, bkman1990, chrisherald, Quantum+83

No Nicky Campbell this morning?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 3 users Like Moz's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Juicy Joe

Is it Prince Harry appearing in court that spared BBC News and BBC Two of Nicky Campbell in favor of a World Feed simulcast?
[-] The following 2 users Like oscillon's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald

Saves crashing in during a debate. I wish the BBC would just realise that having Nicky Campbell on BBC News Channel just doesn't work. 9am onwards is a busy time, especially in the UK when it comes to news.
[-] The following 8 users Like freeview87's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, Scratch_Perry, Stuart, thevaran, UTVLifer

(06-06-2023, 09:30 AM)freeview87 Wrote:  Saves crashing in during a debate. I wish the BBC would just realise that having Nicky Campbell on BBC News Channel just doesn't work. 9am onwards is a busy time, especially in the UK when it comes to news.
Maybe they have if they're now considering potentially extending BBC Breakfast. I imagine most people would rather have a simulcast of Breakfast until 9.30am or 10am, followed by an hour of shared News output than the current arrangement. Breakfast seems to handle going into 'breaking news mode' fairly well, and also doesn't have to worry about catering for radio viewer who can't see pictures/videos. Nicky Campbell's 5 Live programme could still be simulcast on BBC Two, where it's more than suitable in my opinion.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • chrisherald

I see noone is complaining about the lack of Nicky Campbell this morning. Loving the new hostage position Big Grin !
[-] The following 4 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Stuart, UTVLifer