Talk TV

(23-03-2024, 01:25 AM)Globaltraffic24 Wrote:  It depends who you are and how much content you make. It varies massively. Payments can be extremely high for the ‘right type’ of content creator. (Basically people producing more live content, with global interest and reach etc). Trust me, it CAN be a lucrative money spinner if it’s done right.

Of course, none of this really matters. It’s all just Piers making it looking like he’s leaving on his own terms when he was clearly pushed. Final nail in the coffin, etc etc.

I don’t really understand any of the recent arguments here. How is shutting down the tv channel and ending Piers’ show - both of which rate terribly - but keeping them on YouTube - which has many times more viewers - not a sensible way of moving forward? Their audience isn’t on TV. TV isn’t the only way things can be consumed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

(23-03-2024, 08:58 AM)all new phil Wrote:  I don’t really understand any of the recent arguments here. How is shutting down the tv channel and ending Piers’ show - both of which rate terribly - but keeping them on YouTube - which has many times more viewers - not a sensible way of moving forward? Their audience isn’t on TV. TV isn’t the only way things can be consumed.

TalkTV is dead, TalkRadio is returning but just named 'Talk' going forward. It'll be back in the radio studio. Piers won't last past the end of the year, it doesn't make enough to cover the costs.
[-] The following 4 users Like telleyhead's post:
  • Fish92, leewilliams, London Lite, UTVLifer

I noticed during James Whale Unleashed tonight, that they were using a new backdrop - not of the usual London skyline, but more of a generic city look with an overall blue-purple colour. It also had animated edges of the Talk circle rotating around in the periphery.

(23-03-2024, 11:14 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  I noticed during James Whale Unleashed tonight, that they were using a new backdrop - not of the usual London skyline, but more of a generic city look with an overall blue-purple colour. It also had animated edges of the Talk circle rotating around in the periphery.
It's an altered version of the 'late night' look used during shows like Plank, Woke, etc.

The screens in the main TV studio keep flickering from the Talk Today view to the night view of London.

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread