BBC Washington

Do we have any info available on what technical infrastructure the gallery at Washington has, as when they updated the set I presume they updated the switchers etc too? Especially now Washington has more air time...
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2jwd's post:
  • rkolsen

I can’t seem to copy and paste quotesHowever the article is here digitalvideogroup.com  and designed by ClickSpring www.clickspringdesign.com  and an article from TV Technologyhttps://www.tvtechnology.com/news/dvg-installs-a-calrec-brio36-at-the-bbcs-washington-bureau?.

I know there was a Facebook post but I can’t find it that has up close pictures.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rkolsen's post:
  • Newsroom

(02-05-2023, 12:25 AM)rkolsen Wrote:  I can’t seem to copy and paste quotesHowever the article is here digitalvideogroup.com  and designed by ClickSpring www.clickspringdesign.com  and an article from TV Technologyhttps://www.tvtechnology.com/news/dvg-installs-a-calrec-brio36-at-the-bbcs-washington-bureau?.

I know there was a Facebook post but I can’t find it that has up close pictures.

Interesting articles! Anyone notice the Twitter cushion?

postimg.cc 

They put the Twitter cushion 90 degrees out from how it should be!

Also, very strange to have the screens showing Phillipa Thomas presenting Outside Source. Presumably it was just whatever was going out on BBC World News at the time the photos were taken, but you would have thought they’d use a normal backdrop for such a thing.

(03-05-2023, 09:43 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  They put the Twitter cushion 90 degrees out from how it should be!

Also, very strange to have the screens showing Phillipa Thomas presenting Outside Source. Presumably it was just whatever was going out on BBC World News at the time the photos were taken, but you would have thought they’d use a normal backdrop for such a thing.
Ha! If you think that's bad, you should look at the designers' website. That has Lucrezia Millarini presenting ITV London on one of the screens!

www.clickspringdesign.com 
Web Image

[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • interestednovice, Stuart

I know, but those are cleary just mock-up graphics designed to show a “London view” (because the client is the BBC) and nothing more. I don’t take those too seriously!

The graphics showing off the set in the other article, though, are clearly “real” which makes it a bit odd to not bother loading up the real background template!