1983: 60 Minutes Regional titles

Ive always wondered Why did some areas get proper titles made for thier regional news segments within 60mins while other just use the 5 second sting? 

Spotlight got one, infact they kept the titles and music after 60mins was dropped 
tvark.org 

Wales Today: 
youtu.be 

Wales Today could never make their headlines fit. They ALWAYS crashed the theme after the bed, as indeed they do in that video. It felt like they weren’t actually aware how much time they had to read them.

(03-12-2023, 11:43 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Ive always wondered Why did some areas get proper titles made for thier regional news segments within 60mins while other just use the 5 second sting? 

Spotlight got one, infact they kept the titles and music after 60mins was dropped 
tvark.org 

Wales Today: 
youtu.be 
Spotlight did indeed keep the music after Sixty Minutes was dropped, but the titles were redone to replace the 60 Minutes logo with the Spotlight S logo which I have to say looked pretty good for 1984.

tvark.org 
[-] The following 1 user Likes cityprod's post:
  • Stuart

I believe Look North Leeds melded the "national sequence" with their own:

(05-12-2023, 02:41 PM)Humphrey Hacker Wrote:  I believe Look North Leeds melded the "national sequence" with their own:

They certainly did.

tvark.org 

And I think they replaced it with the ‘red cube’ titles as soon as Sixty Minutes was gone (and before the main regional progs moved from 5.55 to 6.30/6.35)

tvark.org 

So far as one can tell, the last iteration of the regional titles was for the second South East / South Today link-up in the run up to the launch of the Six (and London Plus)

tvark.org 

See also the premiere of the first iteration of South Today’s flying fridge titles - always felt they lent themselves better to CGI over cel animation (likewise, they improved on that awfully tinny theme later on)