News Presentation Copycatting

(12-05-2023, 10:16 PM)Spencer Wrote:  
Superman1986 Wrote:An Albanian news programme copied the 2013 ITV News Titles

youtu.be 

youtu.be 

I had to skip back, as I thought I must have imagined it, but no, there really is a brief flash of the Cleveland Police logo in the background at the start of the bulletin.

This is beyond bizarre.
Seems like they play a live Sky News feed in the gallery in full view of the presenter shot. Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • bkman1990, Spencer, Stuart

(12-05-2023, 10:38 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(12-05-2023, 10:13 PM)cable Wrote:  didn't someone copy the car park itv news era as well?
There was a Russian provincial channel that did exactly that:

www.dailymail.co.uk 

Quote:An edition of the Russian programme was posted on YouTube where one bemused, presumably British, viewer posted: 'Y U NO HAVE ALASTAIR STEWART?!' referring to the ITV newscaster. 
Another TV Stations like the Now defunct macedonian TV Station A1, And The Malaysian TV Station RTM TV1 Flagships newscast And also their RTM TV2 English, Tamil And Chinese newscasts have also used their ITV Styled intro as well
youtu.be 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

youtu.be 

In south Korea MBCs Main flagship news Programe MBC Newsdesk with the 1984 intro with the old 1981 Logo www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com  And also a Logo change on that intro following the rebrand in 1986

The Background Is basically A Copy Of the 1981 CBS Evening news intro www.youtube.com  While the first half of the intro music they used The FNNs Theme

The now defunct channel BK TV Their news brief program Grad www.youtube.com 

Is a copy of the ABC News Nightline intro from 1990-1997

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com  TV Klans Breakfest progran Ora 7:00 their logo is pretty much a copy of Telematins Logo along with the clock

Televisa's news channel ForoTV took some inspirations in certain american cable channel for this graphic update...
But I don't remember what channel could be Huh

[-] The following 1 user Likes xlalonce's post:
  • Medianext.MX

www.youtube.com  Another network has now took some inspiration this time from indonesias Sindonews TV The MNC Vision Networks owned tv channel whos recently current rebrand have even managed to made a inspiration of the current CNNs Graphics

Whats crazy is that there is an existing CNN affiliated channel CNN Indonesia. So what was the rationale behind copying the graphics of a channel already in the market. But as of right now CNN Indonesia has not adopted the new CNN lower-third.

www.cnnindonesia.com 

(10-07-2023, 04:50 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  Whats crazy is that there is an existing CNN affiliated channel CNN Indonesia. So what was the rationale behind copying the graphics of a channel already in the market. But as of right now CNN Indonesia has not adopted the new CNN lower-third.

www.cnnindonesia.com 

As an Indonesian, I reckon that some of their on-air personalities which currently on SindonewsTV* are formerly from CNN Indonesia.

*Speaking about SindonewsTV, it was formerly known as MNC News which was an in-house channel of MNC's pay-tv platform Indovision (now MNC Vision) back in 2006. MNC later created a semi-national TV network called Sun TV in 2008 which become SindoTV in 2011 (not the same current SindonewsTV, I remember they used to air some Nickelodeon cartoons and some entertainment shows there until 2013) before becoming InewsTV in 2015 and then Inews in 2017. Too much rebrand and so much waste when it had two news networks, right?

No thread of this type is complete without mentioning the 1994-1997 RTE News “Green Machine” virtual set. I don’t like to use the word “plagiarism” in this context but I think it would be fair to say that it certainly took more than a bit of inspiration from the BBC News virtual set launched not a year or so previously, as did most of the graphics (not the opening titles, which featured a strange sun clock type device, although they then cut to a wide shot with virtual glass virtually the same as the end of the BBC titles, though the bulletin name was where the BBC coat of arms would have been).