Nickelodeon 2023 Rebrand Thread

Apparently, Nickelodeon UK will finally get the new look in July! Big Grin
Source:  NickALive!: Nickelodeon Launches 'Portal to Fun' Campaign
[-] The following 5 users Like DiamondJoe2.0's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, bkman1990, Edogawa Ranpo, insert_good_username_here, LouBlu08

(10-05-2023, 10:23 AM)DiamondJoe2.0 Wrote:  Apparently, Nickelodeon UK will finally get the new look in July! Big Grin
Source:  NickALive!: Nickelodeon Launches 'Portal to Fun' Campaign

Well that is earlier than I expected! I thought September, because it's when the previous rebrand launched, and kids went back to school around that month. I am so excited for this now! First time seeing the splat in my 15 year lifetime!

I hope it's as polished as it is in the bits of continuity I've seen on YT from the US.

I wonder if we'll see the end of this trail overnight after the rebrand.

www.youtube.com 

Yes, it's still being used to fill airtime after 12.00am between it's programmes as they appear to show no adverts.

For some reason, that brings back unconscious memories of the post-white background era/pre-random stuff era.

(10-05-2023, 05:58 PM)mixchris Wrote:  I wonder if we'll see the end of this trail overnight after the rebrand.

www.youtube.com 

Yes, it's still being used to fill airtime after 12.00am between it's programmes as they appear to show no adverts.

I find it funny how they haven't been bothered to change these, I feel like Nicktoons' one is 8 or 9 years old, the only change I've seen to the night loop filler is from around last year when Nick Jr. Too's got changed from a unique loop to the same as the main Nick Jr., which is also really old (it even has the 2014 branding which is now long since outdated)

Although I don't know if it's also considered outdated, Nickelodeon UK (as presumably late night filler) were still showing footage of in vision continuity from 1997/8 - as it was described on the TV & Social Media thread earlier this year - as recent as 2002 after shutdown
youtu.be 

(14-05-2023, 05:34 PM)LouBlu08 Wrote:  
(10-05-2023, 05:58 PM)mixchris Wrote:  I wonder if we'll see the end of this trail overnight after the rebrand.

www.youtube.com 

I find it funny how they haven't been bothered to change these, I feel like Nicktoons' one is 8 or 9 years old, the only change I've seen to the night loop filler is from around last year when Nick Jr. Too's got changed from a unique loop to the same as the main Nick Jr., which is also really old (it even has the 2014 branding which is now long since outdated)

Can't they go (as logical) to a more irregular scheduling based on the :20 and :25s between 0:00 and 6:00, so that the fillers are dropped altogether?

(14-05-2023, 06:11 PM)Kunst Wrote:  
(14-05-2023, 05:34 PM)LouBlu08 Wrote:  I find it funny how they haven't been bothered to change these, I feel like Nicktoons' one is 8 or 9 years old, the only change I've seen to the night loop filler is from around last year when Nick Jr. Too's got changed from a unique loop to the same as the main Nick Jr., which is also really old (it even has the 2014 branding which is now long since outdated)

Can't they go (as logical) to a more irregular scheduling based on the :20 and :25s between 0:00 and 6:00, so that the fillers are dropped altogether?
Most programmes that air on Nickelodeon are 20 minutes long and fill up 25-26 minutes with adverts. Nick Jr’s shows are usually between 5 & 10 minutes long except stuff like Paw Patrol, Blues Clues and You and likely, Paddington. (I have a 3 year old who watches these, I don’t sit there and watch them voluntarily 😂)

(15-05-2023, 08:31 AM)mixchris Wrote:  Most programmes that air on Nickelodeon are 20 minutes long and fill up 25-26 minutes with adverts. Nick Jr’s shows are usually between 5 & 10 minutes long except stuff like Paw Patrol, Blues Clues and You and likely, Paddington. (I have a 3 year old who watches these, I don’t sit there and watch them voluntarily 😂)

If you want to watch Paw Patrol as an adult that's up to you, we won't judge Wink

Perils of mostly relying on your American cousin for bulk of your programming - it fits their TV model, not yours.

Although that being said I do remember seeing on the EPG other children's channel (Pop?) that went really weird with the schedule after midnight and you had things like 2:22am 2:45am, 3:13am, 3:41am, 4:02am, 4:29am... right through to 6am where it morphed back into your regular 30 minute slots.
[-] The following 2 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • benzj, CocuGrimshaw2001

(15-05-2023, 09:36 AM)Neil Jones Wrote:  
(15-05-2023, 08:31 AM)mixchris Wrote:  Most programmes that air on Nickelodeon are 20 minutes long and fill up 25-26 minutes with adverts. Nick Jr’s shows are usually between 5 & 10 minutes long except stuff like Paw Patrol, Blues Clues and You and likely, Paddington. (I have a 3 year old who watches these, I don’t sit there and watch them voluntarily 😂)

If you want to watch Paw Patrol as an adult that's up to you, we won't judge Wink

Perils of mostly relying on your American cousin for bulk of your programming - it fits their TV model, not yours.

Although that being said I do remember seeing on the EPG other children's channel (Pop?) that went really weird with the schedule after midnight and you had things like 2:22am 2:45am, 3:13am, 3:41am, 4:02am, 4:29am... right through to 6am where it morphed back into your regular 30 minute slots.

The Pop channels are quite odd in terms of scheduling anyway and always have been. During the CSC owned days (and beyond I think too) they used to schedule "[Channel Name] Through the Night" from 12.00 - 6.00.

back with Nickelodeon though and there was a period when they used to show 'Genie in the House' at 6am everyday.