BBC THREE Current Presentation

Has the elusive Googly Eyes ident made it to air in its regular form, yet? I know it's had a couple of appearances as a Sign Zone ident, but I've not seen it as a fully-fledged ident in its own right.

theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]

Can't see anything popping up on TV Home indicating yes.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

Another addition to BBC Three's trailer animations - this one featuring lightning.

theident.gallery 
Web Image

theident.gallery 

Personally, I don't think anything will ever beat the original BBC3 Blobs.
[-] The following 7 users Like Viper's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, chaose, GMc, Rex, Roger Darthwell, thomalex, Tola

(09-08-2022, 08:53 AM)Viper Wrote:  Personally, I don't think anything will ever beat the original BBC3 Blobs.
You're probably not wrong in that!

However the Little People were a worthy successor. 

The hands, though, I'm not too sure about.

The Blobs were the best, but I really liked the 2008 & 2013 idents. Shame the 2016 idents were such a let down.

I have to say though, I think the hands are pretty good. I think a lot of them are just plain fun to watch.

Personally I still am in the mindset that the 2013-2016 era of BBC Three was probably when the channel was at it's best, experimenting with new programming and at least went out with what it possibly could, even if the BBC called in the Grim Reaper to sharply point it's scythe at the pink-coloured madhouse it was.

I see BBC Three now and, while they still do have some brilliant new comedy on the channel, I was watching Ellie and Natasia earlier because I seen a bit on Twitter from what appeared to be a Saturday Kitchen bit, everything else is deliberately pandering to that reality TV audience because it appears to be cost-effective to them. E4's gone and done it, ITV2's gone and done it, why doesn't BBC Three? :S
[-] The following 3 users Like Allanbuzzy's post:
  • benzj, insert_good_username_here, Roger Darthwell

Some problems with Project Icon just now. Image keeps freezing for 5 seconds and then cutting ahead. Have checked on iPlayer so not just a local issue.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(05-05-2023, 11:24 PM)Josh Wrote:  Some problems with Project Icon just now. Image keeps freezing for 5 seconds and then cutting ahead. Have checked on iPlayer so not just a local issue.

It might as well be called (Student)Project Icon, it's that naff. Then again, I'm not the target audience- if the target audience want to watch constantly freezing images, and that prat Derulo then so be it.