Amazon Prime Video

Prime Video is getting a redesign, which has apparently started rolling out already (although I haven't seen it on my devices yet). 

It looks more similar to Netflix now.

[Image: Continue_Watching_Row_on_Home.png]

[Image: Screen_Shot_2022_07_18_at_12.35.16_PM.jpg]

More details and images at The Verge

I don’t watch a great deal on Prime Video, but it looks like they’ve got another new ident, or at least this one precedes The Grand Tour: A Scandi Flick.

youtu.be 

Variety is reporting that none of Jeremy Clarkson's shows on Amazon Prime will be renewed beyond their current commissions, claiming The Grand Tour will end after four more specials, and Clarkson's Farm will finish with Season 3.

variety.com 

If this is true - and if it really is a direct response to the Meghan Markle debacle, as it's being framed here - then this is rather bizarre IMO... Waiting the best part of another two years before axing someone would be a rather odd route to take!

I wonder where this leaves Millionaire on ITV?

It is a little bit puzzling & I do wonder if it was already in discussion to drop him without all of this about his columnist comments....

If they've dropped him because of what he said, they're basically saying it's not bad enough for them to drop him this instant and they will still honour contracts/pay/show stuff for the next 18 months to 2 years.... by which time, these comments will probably be forgotten, so what is the point?
[-] The following 3 users Like Ash101's post:
  • bkman1990, IanJRedman, thomash79

(16-01-2023, 07:38 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Variety is reporting that none of Jeremy Clarkson's shows on Amazon Prime will be renewed beyond their current commissions, claiming The Grand Tour will end after four more specials, and Clarkson's Farm will finish with Season 3.

If this is true - and if it really is a direct response to the Meghan Markle debacle, as it's being framed here - then this is rather bizarre IMO... Waiting the best part of another two years before axing someone would be a rather odd route to take!

Probably because its a contractual matter and they've most likely already handed over the money to make those shows.
Grand Tour according to that article has four more specials to go (which suggests they've already made or are currently filming), and Clarkson's Farm was renewed for a third series after the second had been filmed, which is ready to drop.

May be a case of its cheaper to ride it out than pull the plug on production or not air at all. After all its not the first time Clarkson has dropped himself in it, and it probably won't be the last. Amazon knew what they were getting when he was kicked off Top Gear (which is all Grand Tour is in new colours) for what happened there, and leopards don't change their spots.

(16-01-2023, 08:17 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  [...] they will still honour contracts/pay/show stuff for the next 18 months to 2 years.... by which time, these comments will probably be forgotten, so what is the point?

(written before I saw Neil's reply above)

That's exactly what I was trying to say, but couldn't quite find the right words. The fact remains that they'd still be filming and releasing new material with him for up to the next couple of years - so dropping him after that seems to serve absolutely no purpose.

But as you say, there's a possibility this was already in the air? After so many years of Top Gear, The Grand Tour was always going to have a finite lifespan, as demonstrated by them ending the regular, studio-based series when they did. And there's only so far you can take Clarkson's Farm as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • bkman1990, thomash79

The Variety piece has now been updated: a planned press conference for Clarkson's Farm tomorrow morning has been cancelled...

(16-01-2023, 10:03 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  The Variety piece has now been updated: a planned press conference for Clarkson's Farm tomorrow morning has been cancelled...

Presumably that’ll be because the questions would all be about his statement (and their response) both of which have only come about today.

As above, I cannot see them not still releasing the show. S2 especially is clearly edited and ready to go…
[-] The following 2 users Like Ash101's post:
  • bigsy90, IanJRedman

It seems that Amazon are going to greatly expand on licensing its own content to third party streamers and broadcasters. The only Amazon Original I’ve seen elsewhere in the UK is Mr Robot. I know The Grand Tour got an outing on 7 in Australia also.

rxtvinfo.com 

(09-05-2023, 10:09 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  It seems that Amazon are going to greatly expand on licensing its own content to third party streamers and broadcasters. The only Amazon Original I’ve seen elsewhere in the UK is Mr Robot. I know The Grand Tour got an outing on 7 in Australia also.

rxtvinfo.com 

-http://www.nick.co.uk/shows/gortimer-gibbons-life-on-normal-street/v4fho2 started as a Prime commission but has since become seen outside of Prime (and is apparently on air on a US cable network somewhere as well).  So its not a new practice.  Great show though, very similar to Nickelodeon output in the 90s (only not totally OTT).

And of course ultimately its no different to the likes of Disney Channel sold/licenced various TV shows and things to other networks long before Disney+ was a thing, though that's sort of going the other way with them now, and all that stuff's like carrier pigeons as various licences and agreements run out and it pops up on Disney+.