Thread Closed

Philip Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect

twitter.com 

Previous thread was locked (for understandable reasons) but worth posting this development.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 2 users Like Josh's post:
  • BBI45, bilky asko

Phillip has quit ITV “This Morning”
[-] The following 1 user Likes JamesWorldNews's post:
  • bilky asko

Will be interesting to see how it rates going on. Get the eventual new host/s wrong and ITV could have a major daytime ratings issue.

Also skeptical if he will present the soap award as he says he will.

Quite remarkable and brutal that he doesn’t get to say goodbye on the programme. This definitely feels like a developing story
[-] The following 5 users Like Pips2022's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, fanoftv, Jeff, L1_

www.tvzoneuk.com 

Yes. Whilst his departure - in some form or another - is not surprising, I at least expected he’d stay on until the end of the current session and leave at the summer break, with a send off.

It was quite strange to see this story being read out now as “Breaking News” on BBC (World) News.

Vast majority of world viewers will be scratching their heads…..
[-] The following 12 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AJB39, alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, fanoftv, Jayesyn, Jeff, Reith85, Roger Darthwell, Stuart, TJTSW, Toby brown, UTVLifer

BBC News article: www.bbc.co.uk 

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

Reading between the lines with Philip's statement, it's clear he could sense ITV's corporate ruthlessness potentially coming for him, so he's jumped before he was shoved

Holly has just put out a statement on her Instagram
twitter.com 

I wouldn't be surprised if Alison gets drafted in to host with Holly on Monday

(20-05-2023, 03:17 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Yes. Whilst his departure - in some form or another - is  not surprising, I at least expected he’d stay on until the end of the current session and leave at the summer break, with a send off.
Or for ITV to say both Phil and Holly are taking a break and then in the summer announce he or maybe both wasn’t returning.

I think that Phil jumped before he was pushed from This Morning.
[-] The following 5 users Like Yorksman's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, DeMarkay, Jeff, TJTSW
Thread Closed