US Election 2024

To start a new topic as we’re now underway, Ron Desantis has had a rough launch of his campaign with all major broadcasters not airing his announcement after embarrassing technical issues in his live twitter feed with Elon Musk.

BBC News, Sky News, CNN, Fox News, and many others attempted to broadcast it and then moved on. 

Not a good look for both Twitter/Musk and DeSantis.

From what I can see, only Newsmax have aired it since it started moments ago.
[-] The following 2 users Like JayCasey's post:
  • lepeterrr, xlalonce

…an update, the Q&A with Musk and DeSantis is underway on Twitter, but *no* broadcast network in the UK or in the USA is taking it live. Whoops!

DeSantis is due on Fox News live at 8pm ET/1am UK

(24-05-2023, 11:42 PM)JayCasey Wrote:  To start a new topic as we’re now underway, Ron Desantis has had a rough launch of his campaign with all major broadcasters not airing his announcement after embarrassing technical issues in his live twitter feed with Elon Musk.

BBC News, Sky News, CNN, Fox News, and many others attempted to broadcast it and then moved on. 

Not a good look for both Twitter/Musk and DeSantis.

From what I can see, only Newsmax have aired it since it started moments ago.

The 'highlights' if anyone missed it

twitter.com 

DeSantis now on Fox News. Obviously this forum is not political and I respect that, but for the first time, I’m witnessing a republican getting a very tough time on that channel in this election cycle!

CNN and MSNBC will have some great clips for the morning shows!

I'm presuming on election night itself, the coverage here in the UK will be shown on the usual suspects (So BBC, ITV, Sky, CNN and NBC of course)

(25-05-2023, 01:15 AM)JayCasey Wrote:  DeSantis now on Fox News. Obviously this forum is not political and I respect that, but for the first time, I’m witnessing a republican getting a very tough time on that channel in this election cycle!

CNN and MSNBC will have some great clips for the morning shows!

I suspect that those at Fox News are somewhat embittered over being shunned by DeSantis for his announcement in favour of a nice cosy chat with Elon Musk on Twitter. After that snub, it's not surprising that Fox seized the opportunity to give DeSantis a bit of a slap-down on air. 

Indeed, I would imagine that the robust questioning DeSantis got from Fox today was merely a churlish reaction to that snub, rather than any indication of Fox News' future intentions to actually be fair or balanced.  Tongue

The earlier front page splash on foxnews.com -- "AMATEUR HOUR: Much-hyped Ron DeSantis presidential announcement a disaster on Twitter" -- certainly had a whiff of schadenfreude around it... 

[Image: fox-news-desantis.jpg]

I maintain neutrality, however I’m inclined to agree with you @ldn

That said, MSNBC are continuing with the anti-trump rhetoric.

Surprisingly, CNN are very balanced. Is this a return to CNN being a “proper” news channel?!?!
[-] The following 1 user Likes JayCasey's post:
  • interestednovice

ABC and NBC have announced their junior campaign correspondents (or embeds, as they like to name). These are younger behind-the-scenes and sometimes on-camera personnel which have already an history of working on each news outlet, and have been selected by each outlet's political teams to cover the campaign. They do multi-skilled work on air, from research and production to multiplatform reporting.

deadline.com 

deadline.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Medianext.MX's post:
  • interestednovice, RhysJR

This is the reason FNC is dangerous
[Image: fox-news-dictator.jpg]
www.newscaststudio.com 

Clearly it caused a uproar because the fallout from that stupid lowerthird is happening now.
twitter.com 

twitter.com 

twitter.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, GMc, interestednovice, London Lite, matthieu1221

Here is how the WHite HOuse response to the Fox "news" Dictator lowerthird. Watch how they responded.

twitter.com