BT Sport

With the BT Sport / Discovery joint venture, I thought it would be useful to have a thread to track any changes to the channels, branding etc.

BT Sport ESPN is due to be renamed BT Sport 4 tomorrow. At the same time, the BT Sport Extra 1-6 channels will become BT Sport 5-10.

On 4th August, BT Sport Ultimate (UHD) will become available on Sky as a red button service (source).

On the Vodafone TV service here in Ireland, the renaming of BTS ESPN to BTS4 have not taken place yet:

[Image: 20220731_214521.jpg]

[Image: 20220731_214527.jpg]

(31-07-2022, 09:52 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  On the Vodafone TV service here in Ireland, the renaming of BTS ESPN to BTS4 have not taken place yet:

[Image: 20220731_214521.jpg]

[Image: 20220731_214527.jpg]

I don't think it's happened on any platform yet, it's due tomorrow. Unsure if it'll switch at midnight or at some point during the day.

(31-07-2022, 11:32 PM)Paul Wrote:  I don't think it's happened on any platform yet, it's due tomorrow. Unsure if it'll switch at midnight or at some point during the day.

BT Sport 4 is still showing on the Vodafone TV EPG as BT Sport ESPN - someone must have forgot about the change in name.

And for some reason on the HD versions of all BT Sport channels, the HD tag has been removed - likely to match that used on BT Sport 4 HD, which has no HD tag on its DOG.

Now:
[Image: 20220801_134230.jpg]

Before:
[Image: 20220801_134300.jpg]

Now:

The Vodafone TV EPG now lists BT Sport 4

[Image: 20220801_174256.jpg]

BT Sport have updated its soundtrack used across its presentation since this morning as far as I'm aware

BT Sport / Warner Discovery deal has concluded, BT Sport and EuroSport will stay separate for now but will come together under one brand in the future. A new entertainment venture is due to be launched too, but no idea yet if this will be a channel or a streaming service.

newsroom.bt.com 

Mod Note: Moved to BT Sport Thread.

Thanks for moving the post, I clicked the wrong thread and didn't notice! I think I need my glasses updated!

(01-09-2022, 11:43 AM)rick Wrote:  BT Sport / Warner Discovery deal has concluded, BT Sport and EuroSport will stay separate for now but will come together under one brand in the future. A new entertainment venture is due to be launched too, but no idea yet if this will be a channel or a streaming service.

If anyone's keeping track of the corporate shuffling that this entails, the licences for all of BT Sport's channels have transferred from British Telecommunications plc to BT Ninety-Five Ltd, which itself is now owned by Discovery Corporate Services Ltd.

The overarching department between the two is now WBD Sports with the corporate shield:
twitter.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt