The BBC Chameleon Thread

(02-09-2022, 07:44 PM)g1ngerj0sh Wrote:  Most likely. Can anyone record continuity tomorrow morning and post it here?

Well, yeah. The backgrounds look like the ones I've seen on the 50th Anniversary of the programme, and it does look like the Newsround colour palette, so this seems very likely indeed.

I've had a brief look at CBBC and CBeebies and it looks like they still haven't rebranded, sadly. I haven't seen Newsround yet though.

(03-09-2022, 07:20 AM)ATee Wrote:  I've had a brief look at CBBC and CBeebies and it looks like they still haven't rebranded, sadly. I haven't seen Newsround yet though.

I predict the new look Newsround might be exclusive to BBC Two for now, and then come to CBBC? IDK.

(02-09-2022, 07:37 PM)BBCChameleonFan Wrote:  
(02-09-2022, 06:38 PM)g1ngerj0sh Wrote:  https://twitter.com/thomasfoster_/status/1565751007149187076?s=20&t=Gf2AXoDjP-6yUYyn9LX-8w

OMG! NEW LOOK NEWSROUND!!! Does that mean... (GASP) A NEW LOOK CBBC AND CBEEBIES TOMORROW?!

Not a new look but a weekly segment on Saturdays…

well, that little thing posted by Thomas.....isnt the intro for a rebrand. its the graphics for the "In The Know" segment.

The lift at a shopping centre now used the new branding.
www.youtube.com 

Sadly, TV itself still use old branding, even corporate materials now used the new CBeebies branding.

I wonder what is taking so long with the children’s channels. You’d think that being channels they would have relaunched last October with the rest, but to still have the old blocks nearly a year on is strange. I expected a September refresh inline with the strands of old, but for now nothing.

EastEnders still hasn't changed the BBC logo on its titles nearly a year on - nor updated the BBC Studios logo on the endboard either
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

And it's uncertain on overseas channels too. I remembered seeing the news that BBC First in Australia is to get the new Chameleon look back in the purple place...
Quote:From mid-August, BBC First will have a new on-screen look with new channel idents inspired by the strands of storytelling and the art of costume design. Built on the scripts of some of the biggest shows, words combine to form strands and storylines that weave, twist, fray and distort before revealing the BBC First logo.
(From tvtonight.com.au )

...and we even get a promo for it:
vimeo.com 

But nothing seems to surface after that point.

Has it been abandoned, or has it already been out quietly? Would like to see how the concept unfolds...

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

(07-09-2022, 05:27 PM)W. Knight Wrote:  And it's uncertain on overseas channels too. I remembered seeing the news that BBC First in Australia is to get the new Chameleon look back in the purple place...
Quote:From mid-August, BBC First will have a new on-screen look with new channel idents inspired by the strands of storytelling and the art of costume design. Built on the scripts of some of the biggest shows, words combine to form strands and storylines that weave, twist, fray and distort before revealing the BBC First logo.
(From tvtonight.com.au )

...and we even get a promo for it:
vimeo.com 

But nothing seems to surface after that point.

Has it been abandoned, or has it already been out quietly? Would like to see how the concept unfolds...

I don't think it's abandoned. I saw the new logo on the Foxtel website, so there must've been a rebrand, but there were no videos of it on Youtube yet, so I guess we will have to wait and see what it looked like on TV.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BBCChameleonFan's post:
  • W. Knight