The BBC Chameleon Thread

(04-06-2023, 02:32 PM)GeeTeeKay474 Wrote:  This was first seen a few weeks ago which is a new iPlayer promo using the generic template it seems.

They couldn’t have got much more generic could they! Maybe I’ve got my rose tinted glasses on, but I remember the promo they used to do “This Week Across the BBC” was visually more interesting. 

Anyone else thing they missed a trick at the end? I though the whole point of these icons were they were based on the BBC blocks, surely you’d have had the “only on the BBC” using the BBC logo which then morphed into the (ghastly) iplayer logo.

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 2 users Like ViridianFan's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, Spencer

Watching the News on BBC One now, and I do say this every night: One day, BBC Sport will switch to the Reith logo.

[Image: blu97.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • GeeTeeKay474

You guys are going to love this one...

twitter.com 

I'm getting 1988 BBC logo vibes here

twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like thomalex's post:
  • Bengsy, bkman1990, Ma76, Quantum+83, xlalonce

Old BBC logo used at the start of the Richard Dimbleby lecture
[-] The following 4 users Like JLav25's post:
  • AndrewP, Ma76, Quantum+83, Roger Darthwell

I see BBC Local now has its own animated Chameleon blocks icon… Wink

twitter.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Spencer's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, thomalex, VMPhil

Is it me or does it look like that the new logo for BBC Local looks like a stick up of someone's middle finger?
[-] The following 3 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • AndrewP, GeeTeeKay474, TJTSW

It’s…meant to…

Have a read of the Twitter account.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scrotnig's post:
  • Stuart

I found a case study from SR Partners on the BBC sting, in which they animated. It has the master brand sting, the Northern Ireland sting, the Cymru Wales sting, and the never before seen Scotland sting. Also, it had the initial launch film that was shown as a sneak peak of the rebrand, which even has the Radio 6 name rather than the Radio 6 Music one.
www.sr-partners.co.uk 

(24-06-2023, 07:54 PM)BBCChameleonFan Wrote:  I found a case study from SR Partners on the BBC sting, in which they animated. It has the master brand sting, the Northern Ireland sting, the Cymru Wales sting, and the never before seen Scotland sting. Also, it had the initial launch film that was shown as a sneak peak of the rebrand, which even has the Radio 6 name rather than the Radio 6 Music one.
www.sr-partners.co.uk 

They also worked on the CBBC rebrand as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like Edogawa Ranpo's post:
  • BBCChameleonFan, UTVLifer