The BBC Chameleon Thread

ichef.bbci.co.uk 
Web Image

I found this back in July I think, and I thought I might as well post this here. In the background of the image is the new look Radio 4 Extra branding. Turns out the Extra channels (except Radio 1Xtra) have the same look as their counterparts, (Radio 4 or 5 Live), but slightly different colours. (Purple replacing some blues for Radio 4 Extra and Yellow replacing some greens for 5 Sports Extra.)
(This image came from the BBC Radio 4 Extra schedule on 4th July 2022
[-] The following 1 user Likes BBCChameleonFan's post:
  • Former Member 406

The BBC News apps for BBC News Hindi and BBC Arabic have been updated to include the new Reith BBC News logo and UI via the Google Play Store on Android.

There are 5 apps which now have the new BBC News logo.

BBC Cymru Fyw
BBC News Mundo
BBC Russian
BBC Arabic
BBC News Hindi

The BBC World Service app from Zeno News & the BBC News app (i.e. for those watching BBC World News) still have the old UI.

[attachment=64]

New promo for Bitesize now airing across the BBC

theident.gallery 
Web Image

theident.gallery 
Web Image

theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • bkman1990, Clean Feed, Former Member 406

It is getting there bit by bit. There’s still a way to go though, I think this is like a three year project.

Here's something I found 2 days ago. A BBC Webcore Page, which shows all elements of the BBC Online that run on webcore. Also, just some confirmation on the CBBC and CBeebies colour palette page on The BBC Webcore page that no decision has been made for the 2 children's channels new colour palette.
static.files.bbci.co.uk 

No decision? It's a dark blue background for CBBC and light blue for Cbeebies, with their logos keeping their current colours, right? You can see it on their off air MHEG captions.

(24-09-2022, 12:41 PM)BBCChameleonFan Wrote:  Here's something I found 2 days ago. A BBC Webcore Page, which shows all elements of the BBC Online that run on webcore. Also, just some confirmation on the CBBC and CBeebies colour palette page on The BBC Webcore page that no decision has been made for the 2 children's channels new colour palette.
static.files.bbci.co.uk 

CBBC and CBeebies aren’t services which is why they aren’t there

(24-09-2022, 01:37 PM)Clark Wrote:  
(24-09-2022, 12:41 PM)BBCChameleonFan Wrote:  Here's something I found 2 days ago. A BBC Webcore Page, which shows all elements of the BBC Online that run on webcore. Also, just some confirmation on the CBBC and CBeebies colour palette page on The BBC Webcore page that no decision has been made for the 2 children's channels new colour palette.
static.files.bbci.co.uk 

CBBC and CBeebies aren’t services which is why they aren’t there

The original poster is referring to these two pages (there's a note at the top of each page re no decision yet from a Chameleon perspective):

static.files.bbci.co.uk 

static.files.bbci.co.uk 

A look at the Birmingham offices, including the new look for Newsbeat

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • Former Member 406, Ma76, Spin 1038

Presumably, that's at the new BBC Birmingham site (the former Typhoo tea factory building in Digbeth), rather than at the soon-to-be-vacated space within The Mailbox?