The BBC Chameleon Thread

(01-08-2022, 12:34 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Does anyone know if the shows which include the logo in their opening titles (like EastEnders) will replace this with the new version, or is this practice being phased out completely?

I think we'd all like to see the new, animated BBC logo with a huge drop shadow underneath it on the EastEnders titles.

I found an iPLAYER promotion yesterday on an Alight Media billboard.
[Image: B01D1BCA-2DF3-41A9-8BB4-BAF33E4044FA.jpeg]

It's not really advisable (read: illegal) to use your phone when in charge of a vehicle.

The reaction faces, especially on the right of the ad, seem to be very YouTube thumbnail inspired I must say.

(03-08-2022, 09:50 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  It's not really advisable (read: illegal) to use your phone when in charge of a vehicle.

The reaction faces, especially on the right of the ad, seem to be very YouTube thumbnail inspired I must say.
I wasn't actually driving. My Dad was driving. I was in the back seat.

(03-08-2022, 06:10 AM)BBCChameleonFan Wrote:  I found an iPLAYER promotion yesterday on an Alight Media billboard. Did any of you see that when driving?

They’re all over the place here in Northern Ireland, some have different shows on them. I was in an town near London yesterday and there was another there. Clearly a massive push to promote iPlayer over the summer

(03-08-2022, 10:18 AM)MFTJA Wrote:  
(03-08-2022, 06:10 AM)BBCChameleonFan Wrote:  I found an iPLAYER promotion yesterday on an Alight Media billboard. Did any of you see that when driving?

They’re all over the place here in Northern Ireland, some have different shows on them. I was in an town near London yesterday and there was another there. Clearly a massive push to promote iPlayer over the summer

Not only iPlayer, Sounds have also massively promoted i believe in recent days, even the new corporate slogan "THIS IS OUR BBC" have also promoted in billboard. Anyone can see the London Underground and billboards across the city. BBC Creative have a role for creating these wonderful billboards, given the teaser of the rebrand.

Oh dear.

twitter.com 

(04-08-2022, 06:57 AM)Lyric Wrote:  Oh dear.

I saw that too, and man does it look horrible with the inconsistencies. BBC Gaeilge is the most inconsistent brand I have even seen, as at the end, it used a new BBC logo animation, but then cut to the BBC Gaeilge logo with the old BBC blocks and Gaeilge in Reith, and then the new iPLAYER animation at the end. SO INCONSISTANT!!! Have Wolff Olins even designed a new logo for BBC Gaeilge?! If not, they should act now as soon as they are not busy on other projects, whatever they may be. I’m not trying to tell them what to do, I’m just saying.

(04-08-2022, 07:28 AM)BBCChameleonFan Wrote:  
(04-08-2022, 06:57 AM)Lyric Wrote:  Oh dear.

I saw that too, and man does it look horrible with the inconsistencies. BBC Gaeilge is the most inconsistent brand I have even seen, as at the end, it used a new BBC logo animation, but then cut to the BBC Gaeilge logo with the old BBC blocks and Gaeilge in Reith, and then the new iPLAYER animation at the end. SO INCONSISTANT!!! Have Wolff Olins even designed a new logo for BBC Gaeilge?! If not, they should act now as soon as they are not busy on other projects, whatever they may be. I’m not trying to tell them what to do, I’m just saying.
I believe Wolff Olins designed new logo for all BBC services, divisions, and departments (including BBC Gaeilge) because they also designed masterbrand new blocks logo along with Dalton Maag (for Reith font). Giving that Olins's BBC project has already designed, BBC Gaeilge should also implemented the new logo, as per below.
[Image: BBC%20Gaeilge.png]

One Note again, its official social media account still used old Gill "GAEILGE" font.
[Image: BBC%20Gaeilge.jpg]

I can't say that I've seen it before tonight, but the animated sport icon is now airing on screen.

tvhome.co.uk 

[Image: tig96x96.png]