The BBC Chameleon Thread

Gah, that makes me feel good.

(06-08-2022, 11:43 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  I can't say that I've seen it before tonight, but the animated sport icon is now airing on screen.

tvhome.co.uk 

Yes spotted this last night, looks good. Still surprised the icon doesn’t feature on any BBC Sport on screen pres however.

One from BBC Visual Radio on BBC Three tonight - BBC Asian Network Comedy: Birmingham 2022

theident.gallery 
Web Image

theident.gallery 
Web Image

theident.gallery 
Web Image

theident.gallery 
Web Image

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • Clean Feed, denton

There was mention of Newsround getting the Chameleon look a while back...

I wonder when that's gonna happen?

(09-08-2022, 05:31 PM)Lyric Wrote:  There was mention of Newsround getting the Chameleon look a while back...

Maybe because the autumn is when most of the new content arrives and when children go back to school, what if September is the month when the children channels and Newsround gets a new look.

(09-08-2022, 05:31 PM)Lyric Wrote:  There was mention of Newsround getting the Chameleon look a while back...

Maybe not that far off. Cryptic hint...

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clean Feed's post:
  • IanJRedman

I wonder when they'll get around to updating the MHEGs for radio stations on Freeview 700s channels.

Still seeing the gill BBC blocks and e.g. the bass clef "3" etc on my telly seems wrong now.

(09-08-2022, 10:13 PM)Clean Feed Wrote:  

Maybe not that far off. Cryptic hint...

twitter.com 
So the BBC blocks are involved in this Newsround rebrand? That’s pretty cool, and also, I predict the rebrand should come in September, the big month for content, and children channel rebrands too. So I wonder if CBBC and CBeebies should get a rebrand on the same date Newsround rebrands?

Not sure that this is the right forum to post. Saying that, possibly an unpopular opinion, but I quite like the DOG that BBC Sport are using on The Hundred cricket. It is closer to the DOG BBC Scotland is using. I would like to see three/four/alba using the same size and transparency.
[-] The following 1 user Likes J102B's post:
  • Radiounion

(14-08-2022, 04:18 PM)J102B Wrote:  Not sure that this is the right forum to post. Saying that, possibly an unpopular opinion, but I quite like the DOG that BBC Sport are using on The Hundred cricket. It is closer to the DOG BBC Scotland is using. I would like to see three/four/alba using the same size and transparency.

I really don't like the way BBC Three and Four have their respective name much bigger than the BBC logo itself. It doesn't seem as aesthetically pleasing as the way BBC News, Scotland has been done, the traditional way of it near following the size of the BBC letters in their boxes. 

The transparency of the DOG seems very low, almost to the point of it looking like a mistake or a waste of time it being there.