ITV’s This Morning - September 2023 onwards

It was more the "forced to step in" BS and the taking the obvious set up "taking too long in the loo" bit of business seriously. Plus it was coming back from a break rather than "opening the show".

The Mirror should be embarrassed, but I guess a truthful article doesn't get the clicks.

The whole ex-presenter forgetting they are in as a guest thing isn't even an original gag - there's a clip somewhere of Phillip Schofield and Phillipa Forrester doing pretty much the same routine in the Broom Cupboard when he was in to plug Going Live.
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • bilky asko, fanoftv

Do we think there will be a branding and set refresh in September?

It is long overdue, but this is an era where budgets are tight, effort is low and everything seems to stay the same.
[-] The following 3 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • AndrewP, DJ Dave, UTVLifer

Ben and Cat picking up the baton from Phil and Holly in finishing for the summer today. From the line up at the end seems to be 7 different combinations over 7 weeks over the summer with Alison, Dermot, Rochelle, Craig, Josie, Rylan, Joel and Sian.

Jordan North is hosting as well I think.

This is a sponsorship question but I assume the food sponsor is only for a certain amount of days and so if they do another food segment, Quaker Oats doesn't sponsor it, likewise with Matalan and the fashion segment.

(11-07-2024, 03:38 PM)XIII Wrote:  Jordan North is hosting as well I think.

This is a sponsorship question but I assume the food sponsor is only for a certain amount of days and so if they do another food segment, Quaker Oats doesn't sponsor it, likewise with Matalan and the fashion segment.

The promo on their Instagram has people in the following partnerships:
- Alison & Dermot
- Dermot & Rochelle
- Josie & Craig
- Josie & Rylan
- Joel & Rochelle
- Sian & Craig

I think Jordan is just covering the Showbiz segments that Sian usually hosts?

I think you're right about the sponsorships, from memory - last time the fashion one was advertised it was for twice a week.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ash101's post:
  • UTVLifer

Ben & Cat still feel like a substitute pairing themselves imo. This Morning still looks and feels very much like Holly and Phil's show.
[-] The following 5 users Like Kim Wexler’s Ponytail's post:
  • AndrewP, Pips2022, Reith85, Trafford Wharf Road, TravisM

A shame Craig and Josie couldn't have an extended run together over the summer, though Craig is on Olympic duty at Discovery. I don't think anyone would be too upset if Ben and Cat didn't return in September but as the people to make that call are likely the ones that hired them that's unlikely to happen.

I feel like they’re growing into the role, I’m unsure if it’s wise to have organised them having 7 weeks off as they start to build up recognition with the viewers.

I partially agree that they still feel like substitutes, so much so that if Holly & Phil reappeared in September it wouldn’t feel wrong. I feel like the programme needs a rebranding to add some excitement to Ben & Cat returning in September and to move it away from the past pairing, however, as previously mentioned budgets are tighter in TV than they’ve ever been.

Although just a change of colour scheme would freshen it up - new covers for the sofa and a change in colour for the logo and strap would be a start if money really is that tight.

Considering they've gone all out previously for one off episodes I'm sure they could stretch to a more complete revamp.
[-] The following 5 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, DeMarkay, DJ Dave, Flux, UTVLifer