BBC Sport

Just to clarify one thing, Andrew Benson was described as the BBC Sport Chief F1 Writer last year, but is now described as F1 Correspondent.

www.bbc.co.uk 

(04-04-2024, 12:38 AM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  Yep, it'll be him, if Agnew is to be directly replaced.

Though as a previous poster has mentioned, the 5Live correspondents for other sports were not formally replaced when they departed, i.e. Cornelius Lysaght, Mike Costello, James Allen, to name but three.

Whilst listening to clips of the Rangers v Celtic game last weekend, it dawned on me that there's another BBC sports correspondent that hasn't been replaced; that being Roddy Forsyth, formerly the Scottish football correspondent, who stood down last year due to being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease.

For many years, his voice was the soundtrack to many major Scottish football games, for club and country. Last weekend's Old Firm game had Vicki Sparks behind the mic (with Pat Nevin alongside her) for at least the second time this season.

Alex Kay-Jelski has been appointed as the new Director of Sport. He joins from The Athletic where he was editor-in-chief.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 3 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • bkman1990, Reith85, RhysJR

An outsider feels like a good choice in these circumstances. Hopefully he gets the opportunity to undo some of the damage done during Slaters tenure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Scratch_Perry

(11-04-2024, 02:47 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  An outsider feels like a good choice in these circumstances. Hopefully he gets the opportunity to undo some of the damage done during Slaters tenure.

Agree that an outsider is needed. But no broadcasting experience at all (whether in the boardroom or in production or on-air) feels like a red flag to me.

www.linkedin.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • bkman1990, leewilliams

(11-04-2024, 02:42 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Alex Kay-Jelski has been appointed as the new Director of Sport. He joins from The Athletic where he was editor-in-chief.

www.bbc.co.uk 

On a less serious point, am i the only one who sees an uncanny resemblance to a younger Lothar Matthäus?

media.dfl.de 
Web Image

ichef.bbci.co.uk 
Web Image

Probably time to book an eye test Rhys. Wink Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • RhysJR