BBC Three’s 20th Anniversary

Since February 2023 will mark BBC Three’s 20th birthday. What do you think they’ll do? Do you think they’ll make a throw back to past idents such as the 2008 idents, the 2003 idents or even the original BBC Choice idents?

What do you think

I don't think they will do anything. The brand will be 20, but it will have only been on TV for 14.

Does this qualify as a signature?

You may get a mention by one of the announcers but that will be about it. BBC Three is all about looking forward so I can't see them indulging in nostalgia even if just for one evening
[-] The following 1 user Likes thomalex's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

You may get a token prerecorded message from some current BBC Three personality if they happened to be filming something recently and could tack something on easily. But yeah I think by the nature of the channel it's very unlikely they'll do much by way of old channel nostalgia. For one thing they have such a narrow target audience of 16-30(ish) that they wouldn't be expecting many people who would actually remember any of the older branding to still be watching now.

There's also BBC Four you can look at as a bit of a similar precedent from recent times. That's a channel much more focused on nostalgia and archive programming, and for their 20th there were a few special continuity announcements recorded but not a lot else.

TV Whirl - Since 2001

Good Points