BBC, ITV, C4 and C5 to launch joint streaming service

... just need someone to buy a set, I guess.

Incidentally the bedroom telly needed replacing so I toyed with the idea of getting a Freely set - but the smallest set available is 43". You'd have thought the smaller tellies people get for bedrooms and kitchens would be low hanging fruit for an aerialless solution, surely?

I've said it before but I can't help but feel the strategy is off - they need to start from the customer and work backwards if they want this platform to be a compelling prospect.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • Spencer

(19-07-2024, 11:12 PM)WillPS Wrote:  ... just need someone to buy a set, I guess.

Incidentally the bedroom telly needed replacing so I toyed with the idea of getting a Freely set - but the smallest set available is 43". You'd have thought the smaller tellies people get for bedrooms and kitchens would be low hanging fruit for an aerialless solution, surely?

Shall we start crowdfunding for your new bedroom TV? Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neil Jones's post:
  • Spencer

I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to buy a Freely set just to see what it's like, given the relatively little info about the platform online, but even I can't justify buying a new TV set just to try it out.

I found this interesting bit on their website though. Apparently the platform will, eventually, support DSat channels. I'm not quite sure what this means. Are they thinking of a merger of the Freesat and Freely platforms, where the DSat channels not yet available through Freely will be incorporated into the EPG?

(Go to page 31, section 6.4)

www.everyonetv.co.uk 

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

(20-07-2024, 04:57 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  I would be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to buy a Freely set just to see what it's like, given the relatively little info about the platform online, but even I can't justify buying a new TV set just to try it out.

I found this interesting bit on their website though. Apparently the platform will, eventually, support DSat channels. I'm not quite sure what this means. Are they thinking of a merger of the Freesat and Freely platforms, where the DSat channels not yet available through Freely will be incorporated into the EPG?

(Go to page 31, section 6.4)

www.everyonetv.co.uk 

Freely was always announced as always being to be aerial+IPTV hybrid and later a satellite+IPTV hybrid. I guess now Everyone TV owns Freesat, this new offering would effectively be 4th Generation Freesat. Whether it launches as built into TV, as a STB or both is still unknown.

www.freesat.co.uk  apparently the Arris box is supported up until March 2025, beyond that who knows. It could even be possible a software update could "upgrade" the box to freely but it would need a new remote.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cable's post:
  • VMPhil

Thanks - I knew it was hybrid DTT+IP but didn’t know there were plans for to be hybrid DTT+DSat+IP

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]