Boris signed off this morning. In his goodbye he mentioned that CNN News Central will launch next month. Nothing new, but good reassurance that they’re still on for an April launch.
[-] The following 3 users Like EastCoast's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, oscillon

(02-03-2023, 04:09 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(02-03-2023, 03:30 PM)bakamann Wrote:  I believe some of the recent special coverages anchored by John Berman are actually handled by CNN International, because they used the CNN Newsroom splitscreen.

But for some reason, the broadcast seems to be coming from CNN US, which is why they use the white CNN on-screen graphic.

What makes you think that the splitscreen was that of CNNI Newsroom?
This looks to me pretty much like the usual CNN Tonight splitscreen.
[Image: image.png]
Indeed, this is a split screen from a regular CNN Tonight.
[Image: image.png]
Is it possible slightly different proportions of screens (almost uncatchable to my eye) that caught your attention?

Apologies if I may have derailed the current conversation, but I just wanna respond to this comment from a couple of pages ago, since I just checked my recorded files.

[Image: 230103-1456-mp4-snapshot-00-09-55-2023-0...-40-55.jpg]

----------

Anyways, back to the current topic.

I assume the continued simulcast of CNN US newscast on CNNI is not anymore pandemic related, but more of cost-saving-related by WBD? It's really such a waste that CNN International's newscast during the weekend is only limited to US overnights.
[-] The following 5 users Like bakamann's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, interestednovice, newsfan22, oscillon

Abby Phillip announced at the end of todays “Inside Politics” that it’s permanently moving to 11am ET from next Sunday taking the old “Reliable Sources” slot. Presumably there will be an extra hour of “CNN This Morning Weekend” taking it’s old 8am ET slot.
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, oscillon

(19-03-2023, 07:36 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  Abby Phillip announced at the end of todays “Inside Politics” that it’s permanently moving to 11am ET from next Sunday taking the old “Reliable Sources” slot. Presumably there will be an extra hour of “CNN This Morning Weekend” taking it’s old 8am ET slot.

If I recall correctly, SOTU is at 9am which leaves a gap between 10 and 11? I guess this matches with Saturday with the morning pairing comes back for a Newsroom hour?

(19-03-2023, 08:01 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  
(19-03-2023, 07:36 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  Abby Phillip announced at the end of todays “Inside Politics” that it’s permanently moving to 11am ET from next Sunday taking the old “Reliable Sources” slot. Presumably there will be an extra hour of “CNN This Morning Weekend” taking it’s old 8am ET slot.

If I recall correctly, SOTU is at 9am which leaves a gap between 10 and 11? I guess this matches with Saturday with the morning pairing comes back for a Newsroom hour?
Fareed Zakaria GPS has occupied 10am hour for more than a decade (with a 1pm replay), can't see it going anywhere.
[-] The following 4 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, interestednovice, matthieu1221

I liked the Fredricka Whitfield hour at 11amet Sunday there, kind of a shame to drop it.
[-] The following 2 users Like sky303's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice

(19-03-2023, 08:03 PM)oscillon Wrote:  
(19-03-2023, 08:01 PM)matthieu1221 Wrote:  If I recall correctly, SOTU is at 9am which leaves a gap between 10 and 11? I guess this matches with Saturday with the morning pairing comes back for a Newsroom hour?
Fareed Zakaria GPS has occupied 10am hour for more than a decade (with a 1pm replay), can't see it going anywhere.

Ah ok did not remember that being there. I do think it's actually in the same slot on CNNi now as a matter of fact. Used to be on at 8pm HKT/8am ET back in the day before CTW was expanded to 2 hours which is why I must've thought why GPS wasn't at the 10am hour.
[-] The following 2 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice

(19-03-2023, 05:50 PM)bakamann Wrote:  I assume the continued simulcast of CNN US newscast on CNNI is not anymore pandemic related, but more of cost-saving-related by WBD? It's really such a waste that CNN International's newscast during the weekend is only limited to US overnights.

In general I would say CNNI weekends have much more news now than in years.

Typically, CNNI weekends used to have 30 or even 15 min of news on the top of the hour, followed by feature shows (basically infomercials).
I'm gonna say those are far fewer now, in favor of more full hours of news.

I kinda enjoy the simulcasts, and I know a lot of people do like the mix of domestic and international news.
[-] The following 3 users Like thevaran's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Talkover

(20-03-2023, 12:50 PM)thevaran Wrote:  
(19-03-2023, 05:50 PM)bakamann Wrote:  I assume the continued simulcast of CNN US newscast on CNNI is not anymore pandemic related, but more of cost-saving-related by WBD? It's really such a waste that CNN International's newscast during the weekend is only limited to US overnights.

In general I would say CNNI weekends have much more news now than in years.

Typically, CNNI weekends used to have 30 or even 15 min of news on the top of the hour, followed by feature shows (basically infomercials).

I kinda enjoy the simulcasts, and I know a lot of people do like the mix of domestic and international news.

It kind of fit what an international News channel (eg: BBC World News, DW TV, AJE) do especially on weekends 30 minutes but every hour then a feature show or docs.  It also depends on the content, CNN I could do more news stories and content in 30 minutes than CNN US sometimes does in an hour.  It depends on the CNN US newsroom, the Whitfield version does seem to be more newsy than the other versions, again I think being done from Atlanta helps it.  And CNN US Newsroom does tend more US stories than you'd get on a CNNI programme. Again I also remember CNNI weekends right before the pandemic where they did hours without any news programming
[-] The following 2 users Like sky303's post:
  • EastCoast, interestednovice

(20-03-2023, 08:44 PM)sky303 Wrote:  
(20-03-2023, 12:50 PM)thevaran Wrote:  In general I would say CNNI weekends have much more news now than in years.

It kind of fit what an international News channel (eg: BBC World News, DW TV, AJE) do especially on weekends 30 minutes but every hour then a feature show or docs.  It also depends on the content, CNN I could do more news stories and content in 30 minutes than CNN US sometimes does in an hour.  It depends on the CNN US newsroom, the Whitfield version does seem to be more newsy than the other versions, again I think being done from Atlanta helps it.  And CNN US Newsroom does tend more US stories than you'd get on a CNNI programme. Again I also remember CNNI weekends right before the pandemic where they did hours without any news programming
Just having Fred in Atlanta helps it?  It is nice for the anchor to be able to interact with the team in person.  

But most of dayside is produced and written out of Atlanta, even when the anchors are in NY or DC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes inletwindow's post:
  • interestednovice